BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Rust

• JimnyApple
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Mar 2011 08:20 #13658 by JimnyApple
Rust was created by JimnyApple
After giving my Jimny a good clean yesterday, I found the boot floor rust that I have seen mentioned a few times. Mine is an 02 plate therefore it probably is not galvanised:( . Is there a new panel available, that can be welded in does anyone know??
Thanks guys
Martin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• biggaz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Mar 2011 08:45 #13661 by biggaz
Replied by biggaz on topic Re: Rust
Ive never heard anyone mention anything about panels for the boot floor, think its a case of patching up :-)

• JimnyApple
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Mar 2011 10:05 #13664 by JimnyApple
Replied by JimnyApple on topic Re: Rust
Think I will just rust cure it then leave it unless it gets any worse,
Thanks Gaz

More
20 Mar 2011 10:34 #13666 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Re: Rust
First of all,

Stand facing a mirror.
Get someone to shout the most ridiculous and hilarious phrases at you until you can remain impassive, except for the tiniest twitch in one eyelid.

Now go to a suzuki agent and ask for a price on 62111-81A02.

You will be glad of the preparation.

This part is actually the entire rear floor, just cut out the pieces you want and get them welded in.
Cheaper option is to get someone to fabricate some patches and weld them in.
Cheapest is to blob some fibreglass filler over the rust holes and paint with black hammerite.

If the jack recess has holes in you will find holes around the rear seatbelt mountings too. These are a fairly easy bodge fix though by overplating.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

• Gromit
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Mar 2011 16:01 #13678 by Gromit
Replied by Gromit on topic Re: Rust

facade wrote: If the jack recess has holes in you will find holes around the rear seatbelt mountings too. These are a fairly easy bodge fix though by overplating.

Naughty naughty, your friendly MOT man won't like that though !!

More
20 Mar 2011 17:35 #13683 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Re: Rust
I did say it was a bodge ;)

I doubt if he would notice though, and the bodge will certainly be a lot stronger than the rust was.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

• doncarlyon
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Oct 2011 14:31 #24032 by doncarlyon
Replied by doncarlyon on topic Re: Rust

facade wrote: First of all,

Stand facing a mirror.
Get someone to shout the most ridiculous and hilarious phrases at you until you can remain impassive, except for the tiniest twitch in one eyelid.

Now go to a suzuki agent and ask for a price on 62111-81A02.

You will be glad of the preparation.

This part is actually the entire rear floor, just cut out the pieces you want and get them welded in.
Cheaper option is to get someone to fabricate some patches and weld them in.
Cheapest is to blob some fibreglass filler over the rust holes and paint with black hammerite.

If the jack recess has holes in you will find holes around the rear seatbelt mountings too. These are a fairly easy bodge fix though by overplating.

Im considering doing this :lol:

Anyone know how much its likely to be?

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds