BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

FAO Cambs people

More
27 May 2009 14:07 #741 by mcjimny
FAO Cambs people was created by mcjimny
Didn't want to hijack the other thread.

I noticed a couple of you from the area, i'm in Deeping and i travel to Manby with Lincs off road so would be good to find something closer too. So where are we all from in the area?

Possibly looking at organising something at 3 holes for the most southerly Lincs people Boston,Spalding Etc.. I've just got to fix my truck.

Be cool to get some of us Jimny driving types together and maybe get a regular thing going. Used to be a good group round here when the Rhino club was still going.

Whats the craik with the new Peterboghorror Off road then is it still predominantly Land Rover? Are events organised by the club or in conjunction with others and do you do any laning?

Black Jimny's don't get stuck!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 May 2009 18:52 #742 by TONK
Replied by TONK on topic Re:FAO Cambs people
Hi, i live in Eye, we meet every 2 weeks all over the cambs area. The club is for all 4x4 owners not just landrovers. we are going on a play day on sunday to Whaddon, next week we have a RTV trial at Dersingham near Hunstanton.This Sunday we went green laning, i will post more meetings on this site. Most of the events are oranised by this club, come along.

More
27 May 2009 19:05 #743 by Baz2236
Replied by Baz2236 on topic Re:FAO Cambs people
Hi Guys I live in Cambs and when my truck is up and running I will be well up for laning just got to fix the stupid thing first and get it thru the MOT I used to take my SJ over to 3 holes all the time and as soon as I got some good recovery point want to take the jimny over there. Keep us updated with the event etc as I hope to get over to some of them.

Baz

More
29 May 2009 11:56 #757 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re:FAO Cambs people
We've got a bit going on at the minute but wouldn't mind travelling up ,perhaps with our friends in their SJ to the Cambs area and camping over a night somewhere for a bit of lanin in the future.

Baz, look at my vehicle in the Gallery and the simple uprated recovery point I had welded on the chassis over the end of the tube and then down and onto the original lashing eye. It's just 6mm plate but when attached to the original and over the chassis tube welded well is as strong as you like and is simple and cheap as chips.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
29 May 2009 14:06 #758 by mcjimny
Replied by mcjimny on topic Re:FAO Cambs people
Cool stuff, i've got some stuff to do before i can get the ol' girl off road again so when i'm sorted i'll get in touch and tag along!

Black Jimny's don't get stuck!

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds