BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

SZ5 versus LCV - Servicing Interval Thoughts

More
01 Apr 2024 00:11 #255317 by Bob1050
My previous Jimmy SZ5 appeared to require a service every 10k miles according to the in-car electronics and the manual. However the LCV according to the manual, can do 12.5K miles between services but the in-car electronics are pre-programmed to flash an oil change warning at 10k miles. If on the other hand I was driving in Israel then 9k miles appears to be the service interval?  Would have thought that my LCV had just the same running components as the old SZ5. Don't like ambiguities - any thoughts from other owners? 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rogerzilla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Apr 2024 06:29 - 01 Apr 2024 06:29 #255321 by rogerzilla
Replied by rogerzilla on topic SZ5 versus LCV - Servicing Interval Thoughts
They probably changed it to reduce the apparent running costs to business owners, although I'd guess 99% of UK LCVs are used as private cars.  Most Jimny owners will hit the time intervals well before the mileage intervals, so it's academic.
Last edit: 01 Apr 2024 06:29 by rogerzilla.

More
01 Apr 2024 08:26 #255323 by Soeley
My 2019 SZ5 is 12,500 mile service interval (UK).

More
01 Apr 2024 08:30 #255325 by DrRobin
It’s probably different for different local climates or conditions. E.g. hot, dry, dusty conditions probably require more frequent oil changes and air filter.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
01 Apr 2024 09:12 #255328 by Motacilla
DrRobin is correct.

In addition, as noted in the owner's handbook, cycling is a factor: lots of short cycles and cold starts put you in the "severe duty" regime, which is a shorter mileage interval.

More
01 Apr 2024 13:14 #255347 by fordem
Based on a discussion I had with one of the local dealerships (not a Suzuki dealer), fuel quality is very high on the list of determining factors, Suzuki's recommendation for the Jimny in the Caribbean is 6000 km or 6 months, which ever comes first.

• rogerzilla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Apr 2024 16:22 #255350 by rogerzilla
Replied by rogerzilla on topic SZ5 versus LCV - Servicing Interval Thoughts
I wonder how well they run on rum?

More
01 Apr 2024 21:02 #255358 by fordem
I suspect not very.

Brazil automotive production is geared towards a high alcohol content in their fuel, between E20 & E100 (and that is sugarcane based alcohol, so the "raw material" for rum), but, the engines need to be modified and the fuel systems completely redesigned.

More
01 Apr 2024 21:25 #255360 by Bob1050
Thanks for the range of responses from Forum members. Interesting to read about impact of 'alternative' fuels but in this part of the world I'm many miles/continents away from sugarcane and the weather is usually cool and wet. regarding short cycle journey trips - not guilty as almost every trip the Jimmy makes is in the region of 20 miles, which allows engine and transmission components to thoroughly warm up.

Personally, I find it rather easy to subscribe to 'rogerzilla' logic regarding trying to make running costs appear more acceptable. It would be interesting to know for sure - how many LCV's are actually run as commercial vehicles? Certainly felt odd having to insure the LCV as a van but then declaring "not used for commercial purposes".

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds