BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:Gen4 Model Code/Specification Code for Global Market

More
08 Mar 2024 13:27 #254914 by Wild Bill
Hi,

Apologies if you've seen this elsewhere, but I posted this question in another old thread and maybe it's better to start a new specific one.

In that thread Martin had posted the following table regarding the Gen4 Model Codes:

I am looking at a new Gen4 with this VIN plate (where I've redacted the final serial number):

Based on the Model Code table, everything lines up exactly UNTIL I get to the last two digits for the global market Specification Code, which in this case is the 'E78' country code. This has also been confirmed to me by a Suzuki dealer who ran the VIN through his system. However, from what I can ascertain 'E78' means 'ECE4 (E15, 16, 21, 25, 34, 53)' - so Finland, Norway, Belgium, Netherlands, Italy & Spain - YET the 5th digit 'B' signifies a 4-seater (which it definitely is). How can that be for a new model (manufactured in 9/2023) if 'E78' signifies Europe???

Thanks very much!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2024 14:38 - 08 Mar 2024 14:42 #254920 by mlines
Which country are you in, yours is a TYPE 3 and Europe never got type 3

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 08 Mar 2024 14:42 by mlines.

More
08 Mar 2024 16:46 - 08 Mar 2024 16:48 #254925 by Wild Bill
Hi,

Been offered this one in Europe but not sure where it was originally was, only that it’s E78, which I make to be only European countries, and it is a 4-seater with delivery mileage. 
Last edit: 08 Mar 2024 16:48 by Wild Bill.

More
08 Mar 2024 17:27 #254927 by mlines
Ok, the manual points out that the model plate changes from time to time

Sent from my ThinkPhone by motorola using Tapatalk

Martin

235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air

More
08 Mar 2024 17:36 #254928 by mlines
If you PM me the vin I may be able to tell you more

Sent from my ThinkPhone by motorola using Tapatalk

Martin

More
08 Mar 2024 17:38 #254929 by Wild Bill
Ok will do.

Do you know the differences between Type 3 and 1 (and 2)?

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds