BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Just a great Jimny service station

More
20 Feb 2024 07:24 #254464 by JAGtheman
Not sure if this is allowed here so Mr Moderator, please remove if this is viewed as a plug, but I have absolutely no connection to this company - they just service the parts of the Jimny I cannot do. I have used ASAP in Huntingdon now for 3 years to do the really hard repairs that I am unable to do at my small apartment in Huntingdon. Latest, I had them replace the sump (it had rotted through) and the metal power steering pipes, both of which failed a few days before my MOT and a few days before I left for Bavaria. Not only did they repair at a cost that I question whether they actually made a profit, but they stored the vehicle for me for 3 weeks at no charge, ran it each day and gave it a good run so that it just purred when I got it back. I cannot fault a single time they have worked on my vehicle and when I compare it to the type and cost of servicing I received from Toyota in South Africa on my Toyota bakkies, there is just no comparison at all. In this day and age of simply the worst service and gross overcharging due to Covid, Ukraine, the rain, Trump or Biden, etc etc, this is just a breath of fresh air. ASAP. Huntingdon. Happily recommend them.

Julian
2008 Gen 3 Manual
Being completely revitalised
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jamento

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Feb 2024 08:07 #254467 by Soeley
It is good to hear of places like that :)

• rogerzilla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Feb 2024 08:57 #254470 by rogerzilla
Replied by rogerzilla on topic Just a great Jimny service station
There used to be a great independent garage near me that could do anything.  Then the land was sold from under them for housing.  I haven't had much luck since and have ended up DIY simply because the professionals couldn't manage it.  They couldn't shift the rusty filler plugs on the diffs (I could - large molegrips are the secret) and failed to fix the coolant leak despite charging £200 labour (needed new rad cap and the proper hose clips).

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds