BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Suitable oil for Gen.4 engine.

More
06 Feb 2024 12:19 #254065 by Roger Fairclough
Good morning all.

Now that the warranty has expired, I shall be doing all the servicing on Tonka. Startin, the main agent who has serviced  my Jimny during the warranty period has used a 0W-0 oil which is midway between the 0W-16 and 5W-30 specified in the handbook. My question is, has anybody found any problems with these choices? I live in the Midlands so severe weather is unusual.

Cheers

Roger 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2024 14:27 #254070 by rogerzilla
There's a missing digit in your post but I'm guessing you meant 0W20 or 0W30.  Apart from an insignificant increase in fuel consumption, it won't be a problem. The ACEA and API quality grades need to be sufficient, though.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Roger Fairclough

More
06 Feb 2024 14:50 #254073 by Roger Fairclough
Oops, sorry about that. Suzuki reckon the best choice is 0W-16 with 0W-20 or 30 as acceptable. the dealer has used 0W-20.

Roger

More
06 Feb 2024 16:55 #254077 by driver9
My dealer used 0W20 when I had the Gen 4 serviced last week.  Another dealer who has quoted for a service plan states 0W20 oil in the parts list so that is the grade I will use when I do the servicing myself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roger Fairclough

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds