BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Insurance for LCV

More
05 Feb 2024 14:44 #254044 by Smiff
Insurance for LCV was created by Smiff
Hi

Just getting my first ever Jimny this week, any advice on best place for insurance for the LCV?  I am finding that I can’t use a normal car insurance comparison site because as it’s LCV, so the model is not listed, even on the Suzuki insurance web form. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2024 15:09 - 05 Feb 2024 15:10 #254046 by jlines
Replied by jlines on topic Insurance for LCV
I’m surprised Suzukis own insurance doesn’t list it although I suppose it’s not actually Suzuki and probably underwritten by another company. I’ve got my lcv insured with grove & dean. It was a long case of phoning round trying everywhere. I’ve also heard good things about NFU but haven’t used them. 
Last edit: 05 Feb 2024 15:10 by jlines.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rogerzilla

More
05 Feb 2024 15:15 - 05 Feb 2024 15:18 #254048 by rogerzilla
Replied by rogerzilla on topic Insurance for LCV
I went to the meerkat site.  It's under van insurance and comes up straight away.

Anyway, what colour is the LCV? :-)
Last edit: 05 Feb 2024 15:18 by rogerzilla.

More
05 Feb 2024 15:17 - 05 Feb 2024 15:31 #254049 by Smiff
Replied by Smiff on topic Insurance for LCV
Thank you for the quick response, I will check those. So many times I fill out all the details, then it says sorry we can’t give you a quote for that or it says what type of van is it, but car derived van or window van is not an option!

I thought it was lime green, but no, it’s kinetic yellow
Last edit: 05 Feb 2024 15:31 by Smiff.

More
05 Feb 2024 15:22 #254050 by jlines
Replied by jlines on topic Insurance for LCV
Yeah the comparison sites don’t work for the LCV. Best to phone up companies but before going through all your details check they do Van insurance and if they allow modifications if you want to modify the car in the future.

More
05 Feb 2024 17:36 - 05 Feb 2024 17:37 #254052 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Insurance for LCV
 l had a similar problem with my 2022 Defender Commercial.
l found that LV were happy to insure what's effectively a van, same as the Jimny Commercial.

A lot of the other sites didn't list it at all. We insured it on a multi car policy with our Kinetic Yellow Jimny (SZ5, four seat version)

Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Feb 2024 17:37 by lightning.

More
05 Feb 2024 20:48 #254054 by Derek1003
Replied by Derek1003 on topic Insurance for LCV
Hi. I'm using Brightside Insurance and fully comp is roughly £320 a year for my 2023 LCV.

More
05 Feb 2024 21:41 #254055 by rogerzilla
You're lucky to get a yellow one. They seem to ship loads of white cars.  It was similar with the late gen3 - Suzuki decided the UK was getting lots of white ones, and the classifieds always have loads of them hanging around for ages.  Must still think it's 2010, when white was fashionable!

More
05 Feb 2024 22:56 #254056 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic Insurance for LCV
As others have suggested LV appear happy to cover the LCV model. However Churchill were the most competitive for my LCV requirements this year - as long as you clearly select VAN insurance for a quote. Strange how many insurance brands suddenly don't want to deal with you when your transport isn't an unmodified basic passenger car.

More
14 Feb 2024 17:06 #254314 by Smiff
Replied by Smiff on topic Insurance for LCV
Thank you everyone for the help with insurance. In the end I went with Admiral. Churchill called me back but we couldn’t get past ‘the question ‘is it a van?’ !
The following user(s) said Thank You: rogerzilla

More
16 Feb 2024 15:22 #254379 by rogerzilla
Has anyone tried getting a quote including the "remove the bulkhead" modification? 

More
16 Feb 2024 17:24 #254381 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Insurance for LCV
If you folded down the seats in an SZ5.....

It's more about "unsecured" loading my view. The grid just secures the load for the front seat passengers

Sent from my ThinkPhone by motorola using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds