BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimnys I see for sale, "just serviced"

• rogerzilla
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Feb 2024 07:49 - 05 Feb 2024 07:49 #254031 by rogerzilla
Jimnys I see for sale, "just serviced" was created by rogerzilla
Having been struggling with coolant leaks for a while which the garage couldn't solve (now finally fixed with a new rad cap, hoses and genuine hose clips), I tend to look at the coolant bottle first when I open the bonnet. 

A surprising number of Jimnys from a large internet seller have suspiciously low coolant levels in the expansion bottle - almost at MIN.  Where's it all gone?  Leaks?  Head gasket?  Did no-one think it was worth topping up?

I suppose they don't think most buyers are in the least bit interested what goes on under the bonnet, but it makes you wonder.
Last edit: 05 Feb 2024 07:49 by rogerzilla.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2024 09:52 #254032 by DrRobin
I bought my Jimny from one of the bigger second hand car dealerships, two days afterwards the power steering gave up the will to go on and it was back in the garage.

When I got it back and looked under the bonnet, there was a lot of shiny new pipework and fittings. This was a car that had just been serviced, had a 166 point check and a MOT.

My suspicion is that they only fix things that would be an instant fail and see what they can get away with for everything else. If it hadn't gone within the warranty period they would have saved the cost of the job and for all I know the fix might have been the profit on the car.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds