BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:Selling my Jimny Commercial - advice sought.

More
22 Nov 2023 18:54 #252303 by Derek1003
Hi. I'm looking to sell my Jimny Commercial back to my Suzuki dealer. It's a 2023 model with 2,800 miles on the clock. Car is stock apart from tinted windows to the rear and rear sides and aftermarket High Peak wheels with Cooper tyres.
Was looking for some advice on what i should be expecting to get for it before i start a potential arm-wrestle with the dealership. I know the market has been changing recently so any advice / input is appreciated.
Thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2023 19:58 #252304 by jlines
I guess it depends on the dealership. I know a few that are struggling to sell their new Jimnys for list and even below list now to try and shift them but there are some still trying for higher money. Whilst I like the white colour myself I do see that they are less popular than some of the other colours so may make it a harder sell. I would guess they would offer you under 20k. Maybe around the 17-18,500k mark. They will be looking to make a £1000 to £1500 on the car I would guess.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Derek1003

More
22 Nov 2023 20:01 #252305 by Busta
I'd start by fitting a set of original wheels and tyres (available barely used for around £200 if you don't still have yours) and selling your fancy ones separately. The dealer will offer very little extra, if anything, for the non-standard wheels.

More
22 Nov 2023 20:13 #252306 by Derek1003
Cheers - i had thought about putting the original wheels and tyres back on before the sale tbh. I know i won't realise their value with the dealers offer.

• rogerzilla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Nov 2023 06:59 - 23 Nov 2023 07:00 #252315 by rogerzilla
Replied by rogerzilla on topic Selling my Jimny Commercial - advice sought.
As a benchmark, I recently sold my late mother's Ignis back to the dealer.  6 months old, 900 miles.  They gsve me £13,000 - much better than WBAC - as against a new price of £18,000.  They advertised it for £16,000 and sold it within a few days.

A main dealer will want £2,000-3,000 profit out of it.

My guess is they'll offer around £16,000.
Last edit: 23 Nov 2023 07:00 by rogerzilla.

More
23 Nov 2023 09:44 #252320 by mlines
As has been said, with dealers with unsold stock depreciating I would guess it would be a low offer from a dealer, £17k at best

Sent from my ThinkPhone by motorola using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
23 Nov 2023 11:24 - 23 Nov 2023 11:40 #252322 by mlines
And to confirm the bottom has fallen out of the market.

Last month we looked at WBAC when James was considering his new LCV and what to do with the old LCV (the black one I drive)

WBAC offered £17,500 which they then increased to £17,850 after I ignored their emails (always ignore the first offer from WBAC)

4 weeks later, they have sent me a "congratulations we have updated the offer" email this morning - its £14,620!!

Martin

235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Last edit: 23 Nov 2023 11:40 by mlines.

More
23 Nov 2023 19:30 #252334 by Derek1003
Thanks Martin. Agree that the market has softened significantly - high finance deals don't help. I might just hold onto it if the dealer doesn't offer something reasonable.

More
27 Nov 2023 22:08 #252422 by cailean
Are dealers still getting the LCVs and what's the list price now? Can't find any mention on the Suzuki website. I feel interest rate increases haven't fully kicked in and been felt yet so the market will get worse early next year.

More
27 Nov 2023 22:34 #252423 by jlines
Yes dealers are getting them and a few at that. I they are around the 22k mark now at list depending on which colour option you go for as they differ. I know a few dealers that have them in stock with no buyers and some offering discounts.

More
28 Nov 2023 05:58 #252425 by mlines
This was sent over the weekend, looks to be the cheapest seen unless the small print has additional " on the road" costs

Sent from my ThinkPhone by motorola using Tapatalk

Martin

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds