BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What winch to use?

More
19 Sep 2023 21:22 #250904 by j999pre
What winch to use? was created by j999pre
I sell black raptor 9500lbs synthetic if you are still looking for one.

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2023 14:38 #250919 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic What winch to use?

I’m looking at getting a winch for my jimny, I have a winch tray already. I’d like something reliable and that can handle water ( or that I can make waterproof). Would like it to be 9,500lb minimum as some of my mates have bigger 4x4s so isn’t just for jimnys. Any ideas? 
Cheers 
Personally I'd say it should depend on if you plan on self recovery or wanting to pull others out.

The Jimny is a light vehicle. I'd not really want huge weight over the nose if possible. So I'd opt for a lighter winch and synthetic rope.

Maybe something like this: www.winchsystems.co.uk/category/vehicle-.../comeup-dv6-std-drum

Although some people have got on ok with 4500lbs winches that you might find a side by side/UTV.

More
20 Sep 2023 17:46 #250922 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic What winch to use?
Goodwinch winches are some of the best and most reliable winches, and waterproof out of the box.
The biggest thing for reliability is where the winch is kept. If it's attached to the front of the car all year, in all weathers then it will suffer 100x more than one that can be kept somewhere dry. I'd look at getting front and rear receiver hitches and a hitch mounted winch. This also means that you're not carrying the extra weight when you don't need it, and you can winch in both directions. Often going backwards is a much better option than going forwards...

More
21 Sep 2023 10:12 - 21 Sep 2023 10:13 #250941 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic What winch to use?
I too will be looking at reciever hitches in both ends and keeping the winch dry. It is a large investment so better kept inside.
And here in Norway I cannot modify the front with anything steel poking out too much.

Going backwards is never better but allmost allways smarter :)
Going forward is never boring!

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 21 Sep 2023 10:13 by yakuza.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds