BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny LCV availability (UK)

More
19 Jul 2023 09:27 #249908 by mlines
Something is happening. The other week was the end of the Suzuki financial year and a number of dealers got a "random" Jimny delivered. Some were delivered on the last day itself and the accompanying phone call from above told them to sell it immediately that day. So somehow they had some Jimnys that were under the radar.  Now there is a forecast appeared that show that close on 2000 jimnys will arrive over the next two quarters, with previous years limited to around 400-500 per year this means the forecast for the next six months is close to the total already arrived since the jimny has launched!!!!.

If this volume is arriving then my random, uninformed forecast is:

1. Prices will drop to near list at dealers (already seen a few more at list recently)
2. New model for next year???

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2023 12:35 #249911 by Roger Fairclough
I would have thought a little bit early for a complete new model ie Gen.3 to Gen.4 so maybe a freshen up?

Roger

More
19 Jul 2023 13:55 #249912 by stuartmc
Long term product plan includes Electric Jimny possibly from 2024. Is this related to EV.

2020 SZ5 Auto, 2019 Vitara GLX 1.4T AT AllGrip

More
19 Jul 2023 15:59 #249913 by mlines
yes, EV is what it might hint at. The shear volumes of vitaras, S-cross and Jimnys planned look like a clearance sale :)

Sent from my ThinkPhone by motorola using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
19 Jul 2023 17:56 #249915 by Busta
This sounds like typical Suzuki! When hype over the new Jimny was at its maximum and they could have really cashed in on it the cars trickled in. Now that things have calmed down they flood the market and dealers will probably be struggling to shift all the cars.

More
20 Jul 2023 13:17 #249922 by Abudougal
What is the list price supposed to be out of interest, does anyone know?

More
20 Jul 2023 13:23 #249924 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Jimny LCV availability (UK)
£21,099 ex VAT according to Suzuki.
cars.suzuki.co.uk/new-cars/jimny/

Not long ago it was less than £20k and when it was introduced it was only about £16-17k.

I guess that is inflation for you.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
20 Jul 2023 16:00 #249929 by Abudougal
Yeah I swear I can remember it being 16 - something, it's definitely worth 16, not sure about 21..

More
20 Jul 2023 16:31 #249930 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Jimny LCV availability (UK)
All new cars have gone up a lot.

Take your pick from Brexit, Covid or The War for the reason.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
20 Jul 2023 16:34 #249931 by Roger Fairclough
Plus VAT and that means £25,317 which puts my 3 year old SZ5 where exactly?

Roger

More
20 Jul 2023 17:12 #249932 by 300bhpton

What is the list price supposed to be out of interest, does anyone know?
I think the SZ4 was that kind of money. I paid £19.5k for my SZ5 at a dealer in Feb 2020, which was the listed retail price.

The Commercial does feel expensive given the lowly spec of it and only 2 seats....

Although in fairness, there is nothing else remotely similarly priced. Not saying the Jimny can really command a higher price based on interior materials and engine/power/gearbox choices and lack of other 4x4 options like locking diffs. But the next nearest 4x4 is probably the 3 door Wrangler, which really isn't such a different setup. Nicer inside, a little bigger, but still pretty compact. But better spec, quite a lot more power, better auto box and choice of petrol or diesel engines. But in 2020 the Wrangler was about £50k, they are now £62,000!!!!

So I guess the Jimny is still good value. Although with the limited supply and high demand, I am surprised Suzuki didn't bump the price up even more. I suspect they would still have sold at £26-30k. Although would have been out of my budget had they been.

• Grima
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Jul 2023 19:10 #249934 by Grima
Replied by Grima on topic Jimny LCV availability (UK)
Glue sniffing ?
69 plate SZ5 NEW cost me £18,000 on the road.
SZ4 I think was £16,500
So a 2 seat SZ4 now costs over 21k ????

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds