BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:Does anyone have pictures of re-painted interior plastic trim?

More
30 Jun 2023 13:43 #249658 by GandHisJimny
I currently have most of the back trim out whilst I get some rust attended to ( ) but I was thinking, this is an opportunity to tidy up my rear trim. One of the previous owners must have had a dog because there are various scratches and gouges.
I was thinking I could perhaps fill that in somehow, re-texture(?) and spray the whole panel a new colour? Something closer to black a la the Gen 4?

Does anyone have some pictures they can share of an interior plastic trim re-paint job? Attached sample image of the panels I mean.

Jimmer II (2007 JLX+ auto in black & silver) : Android head unit, Black Raptor Steering Damper, Yokohama Geolandar G015s, rear cabin light, OEM wind deflectors

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jun 2023 15:13 #249659 by lesgrandepotato
Gimme a couple of days, I’ve got some Autoglym dye for my sunbleached SJ dash 
The following user(s) said Thank You: mlines

More
30 Jun 2023 15:47 #249660 by GandHisJimny
Nice would appreciate that!

Jimmer II (2007 JLX+ auto in black & silver) : Android head unit, Black Raptor Steering Damper, Yokohama Geolandar G015s, rear cabin light, OEM wind deflectors

More
30 Jun 2023 16:21 #249661 by mlines

lesgrandepotato wrote: Gimme a couple of days, I’ve got some Autoglym dye for my sunbleached SJ dash 

James will be interested in the result

We have seen some good effect using a heat gun but are not brave enough.

Sent from my motorola edge (2022) using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
01 Jul 2023 08:23 #249665 by lesgrandepotato
Glove box door looks decent… will prepare and shoot the rest this weekend.

More
02 Jul 2023 08:53 #249669 by GandHisJimny
Nice, looking forward to those piccies les.

@mlines my rear trim panels are so dodgy in some places that I don't really mind if the job goes a little wrong. I'd probably exercise more caution if they had no gouges but just looked a little tired / sunbleached.

A heatgun approach was an initial thought though, I could probably melt away the lighter scrapes so they didn't have that horrible white-grey effect scratches make. In fact that might be my first port of call before getting any rattle cans out!

More
02 Jul 2023 17:46 #249676 by mark a franklin
I used a heat gun,,very good , all looks like new
just take your time

More
04 Jul 2023 11:26 #249701 by lesgrandepotato
Before and after… it’s very thin and easy to run. Our SJ is very much blacked out so the black dash will suit I think. Overall I’m happy with it. It’ll sit in well with the look we are going for.    
Attachments:

More
04 Jul 2023 18:01 #249710 by GandHisJimny
Very nice! This is a Gen 2 dash, right? Were they originally black or the same grey-ish colour as the Gen 3 panels in my original post?

Regardless, looks cool - enjoy fitting it all back in

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds