BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

O2 Senor issues

More
01 Jun 2023 21:40 #249381 by JC1990
O2 Senor issues was created by JC1990
Hi all, I'm having repeated issues with an O2 sensor failure (P0143 code).

I've replaced the sensor as a first measure but still having the issue.

Jim is also stumbling a little on idle when cold. 

Are there any common troubleshooting investigations I can look into?

Cheers! 

JC
2006 gen 3 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2023 21:59 #249382 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic O2 Senor issues
That’s a bit odd the code you have given is bank 1 sensor 3, but the Jimny only has two sensors, 1 and 2. Some vehicles have three sensors, one in the manifold, one after the first CAT and the third after the second CAT.

Sensor 1 is in the manifold and sensor 2 is after the CAT. Sensor 1 sets the fuel/air mixture, sensor 2 just checks the CAT is working. I don’t think a faulty sensor 2 will make any difference to how the engine runs, just light the Check Engine Light.

Are you sure about the code P0143? Which O2 sensor did you change?

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
02 Jun 2023 09:42 #249392 by JC1990
Replied by JC1990 on topic O2 Senor issues
Sorry, typo. P0134.

I replaced the sensor in the exhaust manifold.

More
02 Jun 2023 12:22 #249395 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic O2 Senor issues
OK that makes sense, P0134 is sensor 1, so on the manifold and a faulty sensor could cause fuel/air mixture problems. You might have a wiring/connection problem, always assuming that the sensor you put in is the correct one and is working correctly.

My experience of O2 sensors is that they fail gradually and spit out a slow or weak response before a failure code, so check the wiring and the connector.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
04 Jun 2023 13:01 #249414 by monstarghs
Replied by monstarghs on topic O2 Senor issues
i had much the same issue, i kept getting bad o2 sensor codes and while my idle wasn't affected i had really sluggish throttle response, after chasing my tail searching for damaged wires after replacing the sensor a buddy suggested to clean the airflow sensor, after that all my issues were solved

More
08 Jun 2023 21:36 #249465 by JC1990
Replied by JC1990 on topic O2 Senor issues
Cheers! I'll do some more investigations.

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds