BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny prices

More
29 Apr 2023 09:21 #248878 by lightning
Jimny prices was created by lightning
Seem to have gone crazy again, they dropped after lockdown as with most cars but looking online you'd need £30,000 for an SZ5 from a dealer.

Does anyone actually buy one for this price l wonder. Commercials seem to be IRO £25,000 which isn't much better (although good for owners l guess!)
Although there seem to be a few private sales nearer £20k

Anyone who is prepared to pay £30,000 can collect our low mileage 2020 SZ5 this afternoon lol
Although my missus loves "Kevin" and probably still wouldn't sell him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Apr 2023 11:02 #248880 by Dodger
Replied by Dodger on topic Jimny prices
My nearest Suzuki dealer in Exeter has been selling SZ5 at £29k-£32k and lcv at £27k..
Probably on finance packages, unbelievable really!

More
29 Apr 2023 17:17 #248883 by driver9
Replied by driver9 on topic Jimny prices
Prices have gone up about £2k since I brought my SZ5 2 months ago. Sold a Defender  recently for the same price I paid 15 years ago, happy days. Its the  lack of supply and the demand that is pushing prices up.

More
29 Apr 2023 21:06 #248887 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Jimny prices
Same here, just sold my 2005 Defender for £18,500 and l had done 90,000 miles since buying it in 2014 for £14,500

It was still a lovely vehicle but had peaked in value. With 145,000 miles on the clock the dealer said if l put it up to 200,000 it would be worth £12,000.

The figures probably stack up well for the Jimny. Even at £30,000 it's probably a better bet than a new Ford or Vauxhall etc because of retained value.

• Jonesie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Apr 2023 08:22 #248889 by Jonesie
Replied by Jonesie on topic Jimny prices
Likewise I just sold my TDCI 4k more than I paid for it in 2012,

Bought my 2020 Jim at reasonably strong money ( compared to its original new price ) but I can only see them holding / climbing as they only sold about 1500 SZ5’s in the UK.

Looked at the new defender but I have lost my faith in JLR products and heard some awful stories about vehicle repair costs once they are out of warranty.

I do still have my series 1 which is how a Land Rover should be and I haven’t lost the concrete waterproofing system for the garage floor which Land Rover so kindly gave us as an extra, ( landies like to leak oil from any orifice ).

I love driving the Jim it makes me smile which is what it’s all about.

As an aside I do miss the landie wave and constantly find myself going to wave to landies despite being in the Jim.
Perhaps we should start the Jim wave …

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
30 Apr 2023 11:48 #248890 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Jimny prices
Just looking on autotrader and it seems mine is still worth as much or more than I paid for it, but ultimately it's somewhat meaningless as if I sell it I still need to replace it with another like it.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
30 Apr 2023 15:59 - 30 Apr 2023 16:02 #248894 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Jimny prices
The new Jimny being a petrol engine is compliant with most of the LEZ's that are springing up everywhere.

As is anything over forty years old, so old Land Rovers are safe.

However old Defenders are not compliant and because of this there's a lot of them on the market and prices have fallen.

l was speaking with someone the other week who lives in Sheffield, his 2012 110 is now costing him £10 every time he takes it off his drive.

Agree
Dealer/spares prices for working on the new Defender are frightening, try £4,000 to replace one headlight.

However the new Defender has already attracted an enthusiast following and there are alternatives coming through.

For instance Powerful U.K. are offering headlamps for less than 1/4 the Land Rover price, and l bought a part for mine last week which cost £200
LR wanted £850

There's now availability of the diagnostic tool, l've just ordered one and it enables you to get into the system and fault find/modify as needed.

LR want £150-250 just to plug it in to their system, for just over £400 l can now do it myself on my laptop.
Last edit: 30 Apr 2023 16:02 by lightning.

More
01 May 2023 16:08 #248913 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Jimny prices
Prices have definitely jumped back up again, WBAC are offering £25k for my gen4 auto, which is ridiculous for a 4 year old car.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds