BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Looking for my next Jimny

More
29 Mar 2023 14:56 #248298 by lard
Hi all,

After sadly having to part with my 2000 Jimny a couple of years ago (it was likely an ex-Jetski towing one and the rear had reached it's weldable life span - annoying as the front was absolutely mint!) I'm pleased to be back in the position of searching for it's replacement and really have missed driving a Jimny, there's something endearing about them!

I'm aiming to stretch budget to a face-lift / >2013 automatic - have around the £12k mark and trick will be to find something newer, in auto, with sensible miles for that but hopefully doesn't sound unachievable....

If anything pop's up then let me know and look forward to hopefully re-joining soon!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
29 Mar 2023 15:21 #248299 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Looking for my next Jimny
Good luck with your search, you are looking for what I have and you will not be disappointed the auto puts the off road ability onto another level!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: lard

More
02 Apr 2023 16:09 #248357 by lard
Replied by lard on topic Looking for my next Jimny
Thanks!  Went to see one today - 2013 black/silver auto near weston super mare - was very tatty for strong money, price was £13k but had multiple scuffs and dinks on each panel, somehow it had a melted spot on the lower door trim on the outside, every bumper corner had been scratched and an untreated stone chip which had corroded on the bonnet combined with a crusty underside and front panel showing multiple spots starting to turn - also had an oil leak from the sump to top it off 

Have to say the interior was pretty grotty - was advertised by one of the local car supermarkets and can only assume it was a trade-in they weren't fussed about as prep of the vehicle seemed to be limited to excessive tyre shine and thats it - no cleaning of the interior at all, which whilst it wouldn't stop me buying the right one, makes me wonder how they expect to get top end money for low end condition

Search continues!

More
02 Apr 2023 18:25 #248360 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Looking for my next Jimny
Keep looking, good ones do exist. At 10 years expect to see a little surface rust here and there underneath, particularly if it's just been left to the elements. But no excuses for the paintwork and interior which should still be good, and if they can't be bothered with this then it's likely the vehicle has just generally been abused.
I traveled many miles and looked at sooooo many before I found ours. But you gotta look at them all,  and worth a check of the MOT history on the gov website.  The next one could be it.
Good luck in your search.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
09 Apr 2023 16:45 #248464 by GinnieB
Replied by GinnieB on topic Looking for my next Jimny
I have a 2013 Jimny facelift SZ3 in Phoenix red with 52,000 miles in the clock and rust-free, for sale at £8,495. Not automatic though. Based in North Yorkshire.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds