BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re-entering the world of Jimny!

More
22 Mar 2023 18:53 #248174 by AndyMS43
Hi everybody,

I'm Andy from Derbyshire. I'm new to the forum but not new to owning a jimny, When I was about 20 or 21 I had my first, a red one I put a 2inch lift kit on (Can't remember which kit) a snorkel and some big mud tires on with big offset wheels. Unfortunately my situation changed and I needed a more motorway cruising orientated car but ever since I've wanted another Jimny!

I've (tried) attached a pic of this one below from waaay back in my photo's of my first Jimny!

I recently, now 30, got given the chance to purchase a 70,000 mile, already welded up, 53 plate for a grand, so I snapped up the offer! It's mainly for a dog vehicle because I'm sick of my mucky dogs messing up the back of mine and the mr's car! I've already taken the back seats out and put a liner in it and a dog guard which seems to be working well so far! 

I've attached a picture of it in it's standard form also.   

Plans are:

- 2 inch lift with 4 inch shocks? I know I need to do the brake lines too but if anyone has got any guidance around this lift or photo's I'd greatly appreciate it!

- 235/75/15 Maxxis Wormdrive tyres

- Trim arches and bumpers

- Snorkel

- Roof rack with light bar front & spot light's at rear

- Eventually the hidden winch tray & a winch

That's pretty much it for now as I still want it to be useable for ferrying the dogs around but also half decent for some muddy fun and wild camping trips.

If anyone's got any reccomendations that'll do well with the above mod list then I'm open to idea's!

Also, please share photo's of your Jimny's for insipiration!

Thanks,

Andy

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
22 Mar 2023 19:14 #248175 by Lambert
Welcome to the forum, looking forward to seeing your progress.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
22 Mar 2023 19:44 #248176 by j999pre
Sounds like a plan. You have pm

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

More
22 Mar 2023 19:54 #248177 by Soeley

More
25 Mar 2023 11:53 #248227 by jackonlyjack
Welcome 
I would say fit spring retaining clamps
Having longer shocks you could risk a spring falling out 
PM j999pre he will supply said clamps 

More
25 Mar 2023 12:32 #248228 by Scimike
Hi and welcome back.
May see you around Derbyshire as it's also my travel zone. Ill be the idiot in the grey Jimny waving as we pass.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
28 Mar 2023 18:00 #248290 by AndyMS43
Thanks for all the replies guys.

The kit im looking at for lift is from Daryl at vitmods. It's 2 inch springs with 4inch shocks, brake lines and spring clamps for £400. I'm also probably going to go straight for the HD transfer box mounts as I'm told these are renowned for breaking and transfer box falling out!

More
29 Mar 2023 13:34 #248297 by CB1289
I'm also in Derbyshire (Matlock/Crich area)!

​​​​​I've got a 2001 Jimny which is running and MOT'd but has definitely got it's quirks!
Attachments:

More
29 Mar 2023 16:07 #248300 by jackonlyjack
I do a fair bit of RTV trials over your way
with peak & dukeries lrc/orc 
I'm in Mansfield 

More
29 Mar 2023 16:20 #248301 by jackonlyjack

Thanks for all the replies guys.

The kit im looking at for lift is from Daryl at vitmods. It's 2 inch springs with 4inch shocks, brake lines and spring clamps for £400. I'm also probably going to go straight for the HD transfer box mounts as I'm told these are renowned for breaking and transfer box falling out!

Done a few deals with darell 
Tim at lamberts engineering is now doing a cradel for transferbox for a few quid more 
this saves buying a transfer guard later 

More
19 Jan 2024 17:19 - 19 Jan 2024 17:20 #253584 by AndyMS43
Hello again!

So i guess i totally forgot to update this thread!

So since buying this jimny, it's had:

- 29" MAXXIS Wormdrives on offset steels
- 2 inch black raptor lift
- Heavy duty offroad clutch
- Snorkel
- Full service including diff, gearbox & transfer box oils
- Heavy duty transfer box mounts
- Gearbox mount
- Full breather kit for axles & boxes
- Roof rack
- 42" LED light bar

It's done a wales (Strata florida) camping trip and a bit of local green laning and then more recently a RTV trial with Peak and Dukeries landrover and offroad club which got me feeling the need for more aggressive tyres for events / pay & play days and then swap back to the AT's for day to day.

I'm currently on the hunt for some 16" Vitara high offset steel wheels if anybody knows of any as I'm planning to buy 30" or 31" inch special tracks for them so I don't wind up wanting bigger further down the line.

I've got some other parts ready to fit once the threat of snow goes away:

- Extended brake lines
- Spring clamps
- Heavy duty front radius arms
- Plan to remove front ARB too.

Plans after the wheels are still a hidden winch tray and winch, some sort of home made bullbar to protect bumpers / headlights (clipped a tree on the last trial) and then the flared arch kit (the flat style, not defender style). May also try and add some VVT diffs for the slightly lower ratio as anything other than 1st gear on the lowbox is uselss and the engine hasn't got the grunt!

Which brings me to the long term plan which is a M15 or M16 engine. So any info about the swaps and what's required with going from VVT to VVT etc etc would be greatly appreciated!

And if anyones got any high offset 16's for sale relatively close to Derbyshire let me know!

Here's some pics from the past year!

Cheers,

Andy

Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Jan 2024 17:20 by AndyMS43.

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds