BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

May be of interest to those who tow or are planning to.

• Lambert
  • Lambert's Avatar Topic Author
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
09 Mar 2023 17:56 #248003 by Lambert
As I said elsewhere today I got the MOT on Spare Jimny and it has thrown up an interesting comparison with my beloved Tem. 2 ostensibly identical cars 2 years production apart and Spare pulled 200kg on each front wheel on the brake rollers with week old blueprint pads and rotors. Tem on the other hand pulled up 300kg on each side. The difference; EBC green stuff pads. Now I expect Spare Jimny to get a bit better with a few more miles but I also expect Tem to improve at the next change of pads as they will be accompanied with matching EBC rotors. So yeah if you are towing or indeed want to just stop quickly I would definitely suggest you look at the EBC offerings.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Busta, Scimike, LM42

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2023 18:55 - 09 Mar 2023 19:02 #248004 by Scimike
I have to agreed with this, they are worth the money.
I've just fitted EBC rotors and green stuff pads, and I can actually feel the improvement they have made. I've always said Jimny brakes are "adequate", but now upgrading my opinion to "good".

Its not just the fact they are new. I have fitted cheap enough Euro car part offerings a few years back and they worked ok, but still uninspiring. They stayed that way until the rotors failed with very little wear, hence the fitting  of EBC to try something better.

I am never going back, staying with EBC from now on with the Jimny.

Don't know why it's taken so long with my cars, always fitted EBC to my motorbikes and they have always performed. That includes a few laps of the TT course as fast as my limited skill would allow, but it was faster than my Jimny travels.

Its good to see some visible figures to back up what I have just experienced 

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 09 Mar 2023 19:02 by Scimike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds