BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Escape Gear seat covers

More
09 Nov 2022 17:29 #245852 by 300bhpton
So I had a little money come in and decided to treat myself, or rather treat the Jimny. I splashed out on some Escape Gear seat covers.

Escape Gear are based in South Africa, making this the first time I've ever ordered anything from SA. Mostly painless, although their website threw a bit of a wobbly, the main sales pages switched me to UK and pounds Sterling £ and also through PayPal, but it wouldn't Submit the order on the last step, moaning about different currencies. The final submission page would only display in USD$, even if you changed it, it would then auto re-load as USD.

After much faffing about, 5 attempts and two different browsers I eventually got it to take the order by processing the entire order and PayPal in USD instead of Sterling....a good job I'm quite persistent, else they could have lost a sale!

Comms was pretty good and shipping very fast considering the distance involved.

The seat covers are a little pricey, but I know of nobody else that offers covers like this for the Jimny.

They offer 3 colours and 2 materials, although only 2 colours are available in one of the materials.

I went with Khaki as I thought it would suit the Chiffon Ivory paintwork and help lighten up an otherwise fairly black standard interior.

The seat covers are quite comprehensive including seat bases, backs and head restraints. They also cater for side airbags (well they ask and it has a label, I'm assuming the cover would rip/tear and still allow deployment???). And different types of rear bench (I guess other markets have different configurations).

These aren't cheap covers your often see that are 1 piece and never really fit. They are 100% tailor made.

Fitting is reasonably involved. But worth doing right. The rear bench was the most challenging and I'm still not 100% happy with how I have it, but lets say I'm 98% happy.

I'm also a little unsure on a couple of straps on the front seat bases. A couple are very difficult to reach to adjust and are thusly a little too lose currently.

Sadly I think Escape Gear forgot to include the vehicle specific instructions when they packed my order up. 90% of it is quite obvious, especially if you watched their fitting video on their site. However, I would say their comms via email were very fast and helpful. Quickly sending me through some *.pdf copies of the instructions.

For some reason the camera makes the colour look darker in some shots, the image above is correct for the colour.

The seat covers give a couple of extra stowage pockets (one on each seat), which in a Jimny is always welcome.

You also get a pocket on the back of both seats. The factory seats only have a pocket on the passenger seat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• redoregan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Nov 2022 19:11 #245857 by redoregan
Replied by redoregan on topic Escape Gear seat covers
Look nice, mate. Fancy! I think if I'd a new Jim I might go for the old schooly tartan seats you see on some Landys. Those ones suit your fourby well, though, for sure.

More
10 Nov 2022 07:03 #245858 by RumbleAndSway
Fitted these in September 2019 - after 3 years & 19k miles no evidence of wear. Worth every penny

More
10 Nov 2022 07:25 #245859 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Escape Gear seat covers
I was lucky enough to to get a second hand full set. That had hardly any miles on them at a much reduced cost. Very happy with them, fit is very good.

When they have been on a couple of weeks, give them another stretch and readjust the fastenings.

More
10 Nov 2022 10:11 #245861 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Escape Gear seat covers
Had mine for 3.5 years / 23k miles and they're probably the best accessory I've bought. I like the fact that the material wears in to give a bit of patina and softens over time, plus they completely eliminated electric shocks when getting out of the car!

More
10 Nov 2022 11:12 #245862 by gv42
Replied by gv42 on topic Escape Gear seat covers
Had mine for 1 year on my 13 reg, are very good .

More
10 Nov 2022 13:16 #245866 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic Escape Gear seat covers

Had mine for 3.5 years / 23k miles and they're probably the best accessory I've bought. I like the fact that the material wears in to give a bit of patina and softens over time, plus they completely eliminated electric shocks when getting out of the car!
The electric shocks stopped when I changed the tyres on mine.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds