BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

upgrade car stereo 2006 onwards

More
18 Oct 2022 18:20 #245482 by Kirk6866
seems to be loads of offerings just looking for a plug and play that fits ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Oct 2022 20:06 #245487 by DrRobin
I went for an Xtrons double DIN Android head unit, with DAB, Sat Nav, 360 camera, MP3 player, TPMS, OBD gauges, etc. I like it very much but it does take about 40 seconds to boot up and sometimes throws a tantrum.

I was so impressed I bought a similar head unit for my other car.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
19 Oct 2022 07:11 #245489 by Scimike
I went a different route and fitted a Sony Double DIN unit, but as time has passed I wish I had fitted a unit that supports Sat Nav etc like Robin ^^^^.
Simply it would have offered more flexibility with apps etc.
Robin - am I correct in saying the Xtrons is designed for the Jimny dash shape so you don't need a fascia adapter?

If you go STD double din as I did you will need a fascia adapter or just put up with a slight gap, standard harness adapters fit and work also in my experience, it is plug and play. 

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
19 Oct 2022 07:27 #245490 by DrRobin
The Xtrons I have does fit straight in as it has rounded corners, however, they don’t make that model now.

I think they have a newer model, but price has gone up so it’s worth looking round on Xtrons, Amazon, eBay to find one at a discounted price.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4

More
20 Oct 2022 15:22 #245506 by Darthblaker7474
DrRobin, Have you got any pictures of your Xtrons in yours? I'd like to see as the only images I could find are photoshopped 

I've currently got a Pioneer SPH-DA120 in mine that I'm swapping out soon for a newer one once the camera and wireless Carplay dongle for it have arrived.

More
20 Oct 2022 16:02 #245508 by DrRobin
Here is one of the Xtrons showing my 360 degree camera screen and a second showing the OBD gauges.

That is a PR78 Android 8.1, but they haven't made it for some time.  What made it fit a Jimny is that it has rounded corners.  They did replace it with a newer model (Android 10 I think), but this seems to have gone as well.  I think the new Jimnys have a different shape for the radio so guess Xtrons decided that there was no market now for the older curved corners.

They make a fascia trim (£7) to fit a standard Xtrons unit, not sure if you remove the front fascia from the radio or just place this in front, but they seem to be out of stock.  You might get one from a distributor.

xtrons.co.uk/suzuki-jimny-fascia-panel-11-357

The alternative is a whole new fascia for the front centre console which has a square corners, these appear on Alixpress for around £15.

My other car had a single DIN radio which I converted to double DIN with the aid of a kit.  However, the fascia still needed a small amount of cutting which I did with a Dremel like tool.  It was relatively easy to modify and looks okay, especially as it was black and any gaps aren't seen.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds