BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Tyres with white / coloured lettering

More
16 Aug 2022 16:09 #244544 by Phooey
Hi guys, first post here..

I am looking at the BF Goodrich All-Terrain K02 tyres to put on the standard rims (2022 Commercial / LCV) but sadly they don't come with the white lettering in the size i require - 215/75/R15. Does anyone know of a tyre in that size which does come with white or coloured lettering please? I was also looking at the Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 but can't seem to find them in the UK..

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2022 16:23 #244545 by DrRobin
I have the Dynapro ATm on my Jimny, they didn’t come with white lettering so I bought a TyreArt Pen and did the white myself.

Whilst the white pen is durable, if you hit the kerb or a rock it scuffs it off, but the tyres that come with white lettering might be the same.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

The following user(s) said Thank You: Phooey

More
16 Aug 2022 17:28 #244546 by Phooey
Thanks for reply. I don't think i trust myself doing the lettering myself lol!

Though i did think about the lettering scuffing.. mmmmm

More
16 Aug 2022 18:42 #244547 by 300bhpton

Hi guys, first post here..

I am looking at the BF Goodrich All-Terrain K02 tyres to put on the standard rims (2022 Commercial / LCV) but sadly they don't come with the white lettering in the size i require - 215/75/R15. Does anyone know of a tyre in that size which does come with white or coloured lettering please? I was also looking at the Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 but can't seem to find them in the UK..

Cheers

Maxxis Wormdrive.

(The blue is soap protecting the white letters in transit).

Attachments:

More
16 Aug 2022 18:43 #244548 by Soeley
Have a look at  Geordie Jimny , he did a blog about it.

More
16 Aug 2022 20:55 #244550 by DrRobin
Wow Geordie Jimny did a real pro job in comparison to my draw round the outline with a tyre marker pen.  I have two sets of wheels (winter and summer) so did these inside flat on the bench (not on the car), actually it was quite easy to trace round the raised lettering ( my painting/drawing skills are not that good), but each tyre needed two coats.  For me if it lasts 6 months I can always do it again before next winter. 

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Attachments:

More
17 Aug 2022 06:52 #244555 by Bill Portland

More
17 Aug 2022 15:55 #244566 by Phooey
they look very good, thank you

More
17 Aug 2022 15:57 #244567 by Phooey
Thank you for all the replies

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds