BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did you pay? “3”year anniversary, 1st MOT and 3 Year Service [16,000 miles]

More
28 Jul 2022 13:00 #244260 by RumbleAndSway
Service is due and wondering what others have experienced at 1st MOT and 3 year service.

Particularly interested in what costs I can expect and whether this is an opportune moment to fit differential breathers.

Recommendations on breather kits would be appreciated - i was thinking HM4x4 differential breather kit from JimnyStyle.  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
28 Jul 2022 18:51 #244275 by Lambert
Temeraire had her first MOT early before I got her at 3 years old but her second test at about 3 and a half was a simple 54 quid at the council's center and an oil change and an inspection service on my drive due to milage. Very minimal expense but I am a qualified engineer with 16 plus years and 5 Jimnys worth of Jimny experience so I guess I shouldn't be paying anyone to do it.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: RumbleAndSway

More
10 Aug 2022 20:43 #244494 by RumbleAndSway
Interim Service today @ 3 years = £310.32 including MOT, loan car [fuel, insurance waiver, consumables]

Dealer: Town & Country Cars, GU12 6LR.

More
11 Aug 2022 12:59 #244499 by 300bhpton

Service is due and wondering what others have experienced at 1st MOT and 3 year service.

Particularly interested in what costs I can expect and whether this is an opportune moment to fit differential breathers.

Recommendations on breather kits would be appreciated - i was thinking HM4x4 differential breather kit from JimnyStyle.  
I have a service plan with the local dealer. Not 3 years old yet though??? 

Not sure why breathers would be opportune now???

More
11 Aug 2022 20:35 #244505 by RumbleAndSway
If the diff oil was being changed as part of a service, could it have have been opportune to combine with breather fitting?

No response from the forum on breathers so didn’t investigate further.

Still interested in improving the wading depth but not to the extent of fitting a snorkel.

More
12 Aug 2022 09:23 #244509 by Gadget
Think my 3 year service & MOT was about £310.

Diff oil is only inspected at 36 months, not replaced.

H&M breather kit looks good, although I didn't fancy the hassle of tapping my breather spigots, so went with the Des-Sol kit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RumbleAndSway

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds