BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

getting better mpg

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
28 Jul 2022 18:41 #244274 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic getting better mpg
It's also worth noting that the quality of the fuel can have a negative impact on consumption. I had a little while ago a couple of bad tanks of Shell, it has to have been contaminated with something as my fuel consumption plummeted by nearly a hundred miles per tank full. Changed to a BP supply and fairly quickly started seeing improvement. Also also my last Jimny was a euro5 compliant 2011 manual and being gentle with it I might occasionally get 38 mpg if I really tried. My current Jimny has the same 1.3 engine but it is a euro6 2018 automatic and it regularly gets 34 with my all terrain tyres on and 36 with the road pattern tyres without much effort, which supports different tuning for the same engine. In my case over time but the same will be true in different markets around the world.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2022 04:39 #244282 by danielbz
Replied by danielbz on topic getting better mpg
i tried using D downhill and it really stops engine injection, the only thing i dont like is that its going too slow, like 25 mph, maybe its because of the wheels, too much resistance, other than that, thanks for the tip

More
29 Jul 2022 09:45 #244286 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic getting better mpg

i was going down in N, my car is automatic, i will take into consideration what you told me, knowing that modern cars have more stuff included it may be true that going down in D stops fuel injection, i just had not thought about that before, thanks
Not sure I'd suggest or recommend coasting in neutral with an automatic. Sounds pretty horrific and I pity the box with the potential neutral bombs as you shift it back into Drive on the move.... 

More
29 Jul 2022 14:10 #244290 by danielbz
Replied by danielbz on topic getting better mpg
ty for answering my post mr 300bhpton, God bless you

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds