BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Rearview mirror

More
23 May 2022 06:17 #243416 by Ron0z
Rearview mirror was created by Ron0z
When I bought my 2010 model I was interested in most of what the seller was saying, but hadn't actually focused too much on the exterior rearview mirrors. There were other priorities.Anyway, now I've had the car for a while I find I can't rely on the driver's side mirror. Vehicles have sometimes used convex mirrors on the passenger's side, but in all the cars I've ever owned the driver's side has never had any curvature - dead flat. So, that what you see is what you get. The convex mirror risks collisions when changing lanes. The way mine is I've pretty much got to say to myself each time I look into it, if I can see a car then it's way too close.What's your experience? I've been thinking about getting a mirror cut to size and glueing it over the top. Though, I don't know how successful that would be. Getting it shaped could be expensive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2022 07:29 - 23 May 2022 07:32 #243417 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Rearview mirror
I personally find the side mirrors on the Jimny good, primarily as they are on the large side. 
if you feel they are presenting blind spots you can get "stick on" helper mirrors, they range from small to large and are not that expensive.

Two such options, both on Amazon, possible help?

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Attachments:
Last edit: 23 May 2022 07:32 by Scimike.

More
23 May 2022 10:15 #243418 by Ron0z
Replied by Ron0z on topic Rearview mirror
There are no blind spots with them. It's because the convex nature of them brings so much into the field of view, every vehicle that's behind you tends to look as though they're a long way off. The trouble is, they're right on top of you.

I like the Amazon example. I must check it out. Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds