BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Anyone tried for maximum speed in a Gen 4 Jimny?

More
21 May 2022 22:32 #243397 by lightning
l wonder what the little Jim will manage flat out, anyone had one on the Autobahn and maxed one out? l know it won't worry a Lamborghini but was just interested.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2022 23:34 #243398 by 300bhpton
They have a speed limiter. Think it is something like 92 or 96mph. But shows about a ton on the clock. So I’m lead to believe.

More
22 May 2022 09:52 #243401 by lightning
I wouldn't like to do an indicated 100mph in a Jimny!! Although ours is fine at 60-70mph.

More
05 Jun 2022 01:05 #243567 by Jimnyoz2022
With the auto with standard tyres it has enough go to kick down and overtake at 130kmh. Top speed is 150kmh for me. Steering is very vague past 110kmh so I wouldn't recommend cruising faster than that. Best cruising speed is 100kmh, too loud past that.

It's not a race car, just put on the cruise control and enjoy the drive.

More
05 Jun 2022 16:27 - 05 Jun 2022 16:37 #243576 by Scimike

They have a speed limiter. Think it is something like 92 or 96mph. 
Speed limiter = the slab shaped aerodynamics and the 1.5 normally aspirated engine 

Sure you are correct, but it still made me smile to think Suzuki are concerned about high speed Jimny's. That said I got 87mph out of my old 2cv on a run from Edinburgh to Stoke (that's how long the run up took), it only has 26bhp so maybe they should worry!

​​​​​​

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 05 Jun 2022 16:37 by Scimike.

More
06 Jun 2022 07:40 #243589 by Busta
On the flat my 1.6 Gen3 tops out at just under 100. I imagine a Gen4 would be very similar, although they do look a little less aerodynamic?

More
06 Jun 2022 08:32 #243590 by saxj
I had mine up to 150kph when it was brand new with the stock tyres. It gets very scary when it starts swaying side to side at that speed.
With the 235's max is 140kph, but then it really guzzles fuel.

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds