BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Wireless Apple CarPlay Upgrade

More
08 Apr 2022 11:30 #242794 by 300bhpton
Wireless Apple CarPlay Upgrade

Posted in my blog thread, but not everyone will see it there. So posting here too...

Stumbled across this on a YouTube video, but did some reading and looked promising. So ordered up a device.

Very simple, plug it in, turn on the car. Wait for the factor infotainment to say Apple Carplay and select it on the in car screen, search for the device on your iPhone (Bluetooth) and connect. And hey presto! Wireless CarPlay 

When you get back in the vehicle it should reconnect automatically. Mine seemed to take 30 secs or so, similar to what the bluetooth used to take previously.

Will have to see how reliable it is, but hoping it will.

I got mine from Amazon on next day delivery for £85.99, but I can't comment on if this is a good price or not or if it will change.

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08CZ65SV4/r...00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2022 19:57 #242796 by Bill Portland
I got the ottocast one through crowdfunding. Took them a while to get it right, but they cracked it in the end. Does wireless android auto as well as carplay. Been using it for a few days and it works just as wired.

Sent from my Power Armor 13 using Tapatalk

More
17 Apr 2022 09:10 #242937 by stuartmc
Had mine about 12 months now. Main problem is it can sometimes take a while to connect. Easy fix is to just pull the USB and reconnect, seems to fix it. On longer journeys it can randomly disconnect so just plug phone in directly. I've checked for updated software and doesn't seem to be any yet. Have a newer unit on the Discovery and does the same thing.

2020 SZ5 Auto, 2019 Vitara GLX 1.4T AT AllGrip

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds