BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Fuel Filter location on 2020 Jimny Gen 4

• martindinger
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Feb 2022 22:43 #241897 by martindinger
Fuel Filter location on 2020 Jimny Gen 4 was created by martindinger
Hi,
Can someone tell me where the petrol fuel filter is located on the 2020 gen 4 model? I have conflicting information. Suzuki AU says it's intank Pt no SZ-15100-78R01 with a description of "Pump Assembly" priced at wopping AU$1328.90. Others say it's in the engine bay or next to the tank? I've looked everywhere and can't seem to locate the stardard "stand alone" inline filter. Reason I ask is that I've just had a  "longranger" 90lt tank fitted and the supplers fittting instruction say "Replace filter after 1000Km" . When I asked them where it is, they said it should be in the engine bay, but to check on Youtube? Great help that was !! I just don't want to drop the tank if it is inline somewhere.
Anyway if someone has a photo or and can point me in the right direction would be great.
Regards
Martin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
18 Feb 2022 04:19 #241898 by Lambert
As far as I am aware it's in the tank, certainly Suzuki didn't have a separate one on the gen3.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: martindinger

More
18 Feb 2022 05:20 #241900 by Old Neil
Like Lambert said, only place it would be in tank with fuel pump in it, bit of a mission getting that big boy tank out, can't imagine why so expensive, was it a quote to do the job

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

More
18 Feb 2022 08:44 #241901 by saxj
It's the same as the gen 3. It is in the tank, and doesn't need replacing.

More
18 Feb 2022 09:11 #241902 by Roger Fairclough
The only reason to change a filter is if it is contaminated so maybe the tank makers don't do a proper job of cleaning the tank out before selling it.

Maybe a word, or two, with them would be a good idea and yes, the filter is in the tank.

Roger

More
18 Feb 2022 10:39 #241903 by saxj

The only reason to change a filter is if it is contaminated so maybe the tank makers don't do a proper job of cleaning the tank out before selling it.

Maybe a word, or two, with them would be a good idea and yes, the filter is in the tank.

Roger
If that is the case,  you would need to drop the tank, remove the pump assembly and wash the filter.

More
18 Feb 2022 15:38 #241904 by Roger Fairclough
Devon 4x4 do the Longranger tank for the Jimny at £1,500.

Looking at the pictures - which do not appear to show the same tank - you would either have to remove the tank or cut a hole in the rear floor to access the pump/filter assembly.

Or you could query why the tank wasn't cleaned?

Roger

More
18 Feb 2022 17:47 #241905 by Doctorchris
Your filter has been transferred from your original tank, as part of the pump assembly, when the new tank was fitted. The manufacturers of the Longranger tank seem very professional and I doubt that they supply their tank full of debris. I suspect they specify a filter change in case some debris has entered the new tank during the fitting process. This is probably only going to happen with an older vehicle.
You can't change the filter on your vehicle. If you were overcautious you could fit an inline filter into the fuel line and change or remove it after 1,000 km. I would check this with the makers of the tank first, though as it could cause problems with the flow of fuel into the fuel injection system.

• martindinger
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Feb 2022 11:07 #241930 by martindinger
Replied by martindinger on topic Re:Fuel Filter location on 2020 Jimny Gen 4
Price was just for the filter/pump assembly.

• martindinger
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Feb 2022 11:10 #241932 by martindinger
Replied by martindinger on topic Fuel Filter location on 2020 Jimny Gen 4
Thanks. Another option was to drain the tank when down to reserve, to get any bits out. They have a drain plug at the lowest part of the tank.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds