BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

The last of the 3rd gen Jimnys (?)

More
05 Feb 2022 23:56 - 05 Feb 2022 23:59 #241714 by PabloAzH
Yesterday I was at the nearby Suzuki dealer here in Brazil to get new tyres on my Jimny and I took some pictures of the last editions of 3rd gens being sold (perhaps the last brand new, 2022 model year 3rd gens in the world?).
New Brazilian legislation on emissions will come into effect by mid-2022 and due to that HPE, the Brazilian manufacturer who domestically assembles 3rd gen Jimnys, will put an end to their production line and stick only to importing JB74, Vitara and S-Cross models. Most people from abroad seem to be unaware you could still buy a brand new 3rd gen!

• "New" Jimny for sale, "4sport" trim that includes some aesthetic mods plus a snorkel.

• Pre-owned Jimny for sale in a limited edition that was sold a while ago, called "Desert". All the accessories shown came as factory standard: snorkel, rocksliders, roof luggage basket and rear towing point. For this edition the frame coil and shock mounts were modified (lowered) for a body lift - a poor decision in my opinion, the coils and shocks remained the same (I have also heard of some drivers complaining about body wobble under specific road driving conditions, which perhaps could be related to that).

Above: modified front spring mount in the "Desert" edition

Above: standard spring mount, from the "4sport" trim shown before

Former owner of JB43 (4sport BR trim) for 6 years/200,000+ km
Currently own auto JB74 since Aug-21 (50,000 km)
- OME kit (coils, shocks, panhard bracket and caster correction)
- front PPF to avoid paint chips
- rear custom deck
- Audison/Hertz sound system
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Feb 2022 23:59 by PabloAzH.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
06 Feb 2022 06:24 #241716 by Lambert
Those are so cool. It's a shame that production of this body style is finally ending, I really think Suzuki got it right with the bubble design. Still nothing lasts forever.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
06 Feb 2022 10:17 #241719 by thieuster
Some details are really cool. I like this sort of headlights and grill. Looks (somehow) more purposeful. The snorkel's shapedl is the best-looking I've ever seen on a Jimny. The asymmetrical position of the number plate looks good. On the other hand, I don't think that the reflector(?) on the LH sidie of the rear bumper looks good. Very DIY look - and not a good one.

Perhaps the car itself will not be produced any longer. But there could be a market for the details (like the ones I mentioned above).

Chronologically:
- 1959 Triumph TR3A
- 1970 Saab 96V4
- 1973 Saab 95V4
- 2001 Suzuki Jimny
- 2020 Honda CR-V Hybrid 4x4
Gone:
- 1973 Porsche 914
- 1993 Suzuki Samurai
New:
- 1991 Peugeot 205 automatic with < 60K miles!

More
08 Feb 2022 01:53 #241745 by PabloAzH
I like the headlight masks they have put on the last 4sport trim (orange one), they do change the face of the Jimny when matched to the gray colored grill, but I agree with thieuster on the rear LH side of the bumper being made too simple. Those aren't reflectors, they're LED lights - the red is the rear fog light and the white is the reverse.
I also like the snorkel design, actually the Brazilian snorkel for the JB74 has the same sort of tall opening to the side that they have done here. I wonder if that makes it easier or harder for dust and rain to enter in comparison to the standard head in Safari/TJM snorkels...

- rear custom deck

More
29 Oct 2023 17:05 #251859 by polyprod
how can i contact you? whatsapp? messenger?

More
28 Dec 2023 10:53 #253117 by PabloAzH
Sorry I was away from the forum for some time, coming back now. I will DM you my whatsapp contact.

- rear custom deck

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds