BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Gen4 MPG calculation

More
27 Dec 2021 13:36 #240812 by Micheal
Gen4 MPG calculation was created by Micheal
My G4 has averaged 45.5mpg since we have it (as shown on the display). The other day whilst driving, the display dropped suddenly to 32 after which it recovered within 10 minutes to 42 and since when it has climbed back up to over 43mpg. Very odd.
Anybody experienced anything like this and any ideas as to the cause?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Dec 2021 13:56 #240813 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Gen4 MPG calculation
It sounds like the average was reset. With few miles to average over it under read and took a few miles to settle down.

I am not sure how you reset the fuel consumption on a Gen 4, is it something which is easy to catch?

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
27 Dec 2021 17:24 #240815 by Bill Portland
Opening the settings screen (between the dials) will reset the average fuel consumption. You need to be seeing a non-resettable item (range, instant mpg, blank screen) when opening the settings screen if you don't want to reset anything.

Sent from my Power Armor 13 using Tapatalk

More
27 Dec 2021 18:19 #240817 by Roger Fairclough
I have mine set on the average for a full tank, i.e. I fill the tank and then reset the odometer by pushing the knob at the bottom left of the screen. The further I drive the less effect the mpg figure has on current consumption due to the need to change a greater figure so from a full tank it will climb to 40mpg plus very quickly but a quick burst of power for overtaking say could reduce this to below 40 whilst the same manoeuvre on a near empty tank will make no difference.

Did you have a small humanoid gremlin aka child in the car with a penchant for pushing knobs by any chance?

Roger

More
27 Dec 2021 19:28 #240818 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic Re:Gen4 MPG calculation
One feature of using the E10 'green petrol; is that my mpg has dropped considerably and the price to fill my tank has gone up and up. Someone somewhere is profiting from 'save the planet' and it ain't me.

More
29 Dec 2021 10:28 #240834 by Axholme Lion
Stick to E5. If you're putting less in the price difference should pay for extra MPG.

More
29 Dec 2021 13:18 #240835 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Re:Gen4 MPG calculation
No need to go into any menus.

Pushing button on the dash resets the average fuel consumption, it's opposite the one that resets the trip counter.

l still can't remember which is which, and have unintentionally reset the average fuel consumption on many occasions

More
29 Dec 2021 18:54 #240839 by Roger Fairclough
For the government to claim that E10 is better for the environment than E5 would be suicidal if the claim was marred by the need to use more of the brew than previous. The claim would be effectively nullified by the extra amount burned.

So far I have not found an increase in consumption.

Roger

More
30 Dec 2021 11:48 #240843 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Gen4 MPG calculation
I have not seen any difference in mpg since using E10 either.

More
30 Dec 2021 18:53 #240847 by Dan
Replied by Dan on topic Gen4 MPG calculation
Mine had a similar wobble.

Dropped from about 38mpg to about 32.

I'm not sure I believe it.

Need to calculate a tank to tank refill.

I won't be using E5 until the warranty is up, because if there's any issues with E10 I want them addressed now.

More
30 Dec 2021 19:12 #240849 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Gen4 MPG calculation
I can't tell any difference at the moment between E5 and E10, it's a standard G3.
Since the day I have owned it I have recorded miles per tank fill, so my MPG average per year is as good as it gets without a computer.
What I have noticed is you can't compare one week to another, so many variables simply change the mpg figure. Even if you believe the use over a period is the same, it's not. Temperature, wind direction and that extra trip to the shops will impact your weekly MPG.
So only time will tell if E10 produces less MPG for me, but early indications are it's as expected and similar to E5.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
30 Dec 2021 19:14 #240850 by Roger Fairclough
I doubt that E5 is still available.

Roger

Time to create page: 0.267 seconds