BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

And the Winner is… 2021 CarDealer “Used Car of the Year”

More
19 Dec 2021 21:03 #240717 by RumbleAndSway
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scimike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2021 13:50 #240720 by Scimike
I sort of guessed where this was going, but watched with interest just to see why this would be the case.
IF  judgement has been made under the criteria Mike talks about then I have to agree, a worthy winner.
After all, as a Jimny is my only transport owner, it's the only reason I enjoy and keep what is a "questionable" every day drive. Plenty out there much better (exculding the low ratio gearbox), but not many that make you smile as much.
​​​​​​just my opinion, yours may differ and is wrong 

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
20 Dec 2021 14:40 #240722 by DrRobin
"questionable" every day drive?

I think that depends on what your daily drive is?

I had a string of company cars for 20 years, including a couple of 4x4 BMWs (I liked them all), most of my driving is on tarmac, but two years ago when I got rid of a company car due to not doing enough miles I wanted something to compliment my Boxster and a Jimny fitted perfectly.

Yes a Jimny is not as fuel efficient as the diesels I had, yes it's no where near as good on the motorway, yes there is less space in it for four people, yes it's not as quick or as smooth as most cars.

However, put the seats down and you can get lots in, they are easy enough to work on, a Jimny deals with the roads round here in winter much better than any other car I have owned and I don't really care about arriving 10 minutes later or plodding along at 60mph.

Hardly anyone mentions my Boxster when you turn up in it somewhere, but turn up in my Jimny and the number of people who say, I nearly bought one of those is incredible.

So for me it is 'Used Car of the Year' three years running.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

The following user(s) said Thank You: Scimike

More
20 Dec 2021 15:55 #240723 by Scimike

Yes a Jimny is not as fuel efficient as the diesels I had,
yes it's no where near as good on the motorway,
yes there is less space in it for four people,
yes it's not as quick or as smooth as most cars.

So for me it is 'Used Car of the Year' three years running.
Yes - those are the answers to just a few of the questions! 

My used car of the year also, one of the best cars I have ever owned and can't see me selling any time soon. But that doesn't mean I can't see around my rose tinted glasses

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
20 Dec 2021 18:56 #240724 by Roger Fairclough
Vivs Audi Q3 can do 130 mph, it will give up to 69mpg and accelerate from 0-60mph in around 7.5 seconds. It is more comfortable, it is quieter, but it doesn't make me smile.

Roger

More
20 Dec 2021 23:37 #240726 by Jambls
Mine is a worse car than the civic it replaced, and there was nothing wrong with the civic, I was just bored. It's just got so much more character.

04 mode, nearly unmodified.

• Michaelc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Dec 2021 20:23 #240730 by Michaelc
Well I have just purchased an old convertible jimny for a local runaround, hope I did the right thing. My reasoning for the purchase is that due to c19 my mileage  has dropped to next to nothing. And I have just had to pay out over £1100 on nox sensor and egr valve for my diesel passat. Having owned a Morgan for a time, the jimny just can’t be as bad, if it is then at least it will be a lot cheaper. Time will tell.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds