BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Relacement engine

• OURQUINN
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Nov 2021 13:46 #240287 by OURQUINN
Relacement engine was created by OURQUINN
Hi
We have a 2001 Jimny
does anyone know of a good replacement engine , that will bolt staright into my Jimny Please without to much fuss.
The gearbox and rest of car are all ok.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2021 15:10 #240288 by fordem
Replied by fordem on topic Relacement engine
The only engine that will bolt "straight in" is one "identical" to what's coming out - on a 2001, I think that would/should be a G13BB, there are other "G-series" Suzuki engines that might bolt in, but you're going to need to fiddle around with the intake/exhaust/cooling & fuel injection systems.

The G16 used to be a fairly popular swap, but will require at the very least an adapter plate to bolt up and I think modified engine mounts, some amount of fiddling around with the above mentioned systems will be required, the exact details depending on what vehicle the G16 came out of.

An M13A from a later model Jimny might be another candidate, I think you'll need the transmission as well, and as before, the intake/exhaust/cooling system & fuel injection systems will need to be looked at.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OURQUINN

More
22 Nov 2021 16:00 - 23 Nov 2021 19:06 #240289 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Relacement engine
Depending on market and wether your jimny is a early or late model 2001 edit: 2000 it could be both m13 or g13 engine.
2001 edit: 2000 is the first production year for the M-series engine in the Jimny.
Roughly I could say that if your engine has an overheating issue with a possible leak and crack in the head it is a m13, and if it has a piston rod poking out thru the block, it is a g13..

if it is a m13 yours would be the version without VVT. that engine has been used in swift, ignis and other models depending again on market and year model.

If it is a G13 it has been used in esteem, baleno, swift and other models also depending on market and year model.

Most G-series engines from same year model cars can be interchanged between models by moving some engine parts over from your old engine to the new one. This also goes for the M-series. But as there might be slight changes it is possible to mix it up so must check thoroughly.
It is also possible to change to a 1,6 engine most easily with the m-series.

Here in Norway it is almost impossible to source a g13 donor so many change to the G16 with an adapter plate.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 23 Nov 2021 19:06 by yakuza.

• Podge
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Nov 2021 18:19 - 22 Nov 2021 18:19 #240293 by Podge
Replied by Podge on topic Relacement engine
Strange, I'd a 2000 Jimny with a twin cam M13 (the one in the proflile pic), must have been a very late 2000 one, but I suspect it wasn't the only one.
Last edit: 22 Nov 2021 18:19 by Podge.

More
23 Nov 2021 19:03 - 23 Nov 2021 19:07 #240302 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Relacement engine
Will edit my post a bit then :)
Here in Norway we didn't get the m13 before 2004 in the Jimny.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 23 Nov 2021 19:07 by yakuza.

More
23 Nov 2021 22:19 #240303 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Relacement engine
A 2001 hard top would be a m13a engine.
A 2001 soft top would be a g13b engine.

If its the latter then its best to swap like for like. If it's the former then either like for like or find a Suzuki Liana 1.6 engine and fit that. They are getting harder to find though.

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds