BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Gen 4 Wind deflectors

More
12 Oct 2021 10:56 #239336 by Axholme Lion
Has anyone got the genuine Suzuki door wind deflectors for the Gen4? I had some on my old Gen3 which seemed to fit by wedging in the glass channel. How do the new ones fit, looking at the photos they look like they stick on the outside of the door?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DisturbedJimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Oct 2021 13:30 #239340 by DisturbedJimny
Replied by DisturbedJimny on topic Gen 4 Wind deflectors
They’re stuck to the outside of the door with what looks like high strength double sided tape, there is also some little bracket things that are somehow wedged into the window seal (see picture)
Attachments:

More
12 Oct 2021 13:36 #239341 by Axholme Lion
Replied by Axholme Lion on topic Gen 4 Wind deflectors
I see. Thankyou for the pic. That answers my question.

More
12 Oct 2021 19:34 #239351 by OctaneJimny
Replied by OctaneJimny on topic Gen 4 Wind deflectors
I have some team Heko ones that slot into the window slot. They are excellent. I had some I ordered from Italy when they first came out which were flimsy compared so I would recommend the Heko if wanted some similar to the ones you had on a gen3. I didn't fancy the ones that stick to the paintwork like the official Suzuki ones. 

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...-ivory-manual#210539
Instagram: OctaneJimny
FB: Suzuki Jimny 4th gen (JB64 JB74) owners club

More
13 Oct 2021 07:38 #239355 by Axholme Lion
Replied by Axholme Lion on topic Gen 4 Wind deflectors
The only problem i had with previous ones on the Gen3 was that they seemed to scuff the top edge of the drop glass. I'm in two minds which type to go for.

More
13 Oct 2021 13:15 - 13 Oct 2021 13:20 #239369 by lookonimages

OctaneJimny wrote: I have some team Heko ones that slot into the window slot. They are excellent. I had some I ordered from Italy when they first came out which were flimsy compared so I would recommend the Heko if wanted some similar to the ones you had on a gen3. I didn't fancy the ones that stick to the paintwork like the official Suzuki ones. 

I have had the heko ones. super slim, absolute fantastic, but the clips have failed miserably, so much so that winding down windows the heko wind deflectors also move down.

still love the ultra slim design of the heko ones. pity that after some 12 months they not kept in place anymore.

This was what it looked like on my gen4.

Last edit: 13 Oct 2021 13:20 by lookonimages.

More
14 Oct 2021 07:15 #239395 by OctaneJimny
Oh I see they have slipped down. I never bothered with the clips and used adhesive strips which is what I did when I had an Ignis as the metal clips made an unnerving glassy clunk noise when closing the windows. They haven't budged in nearly 2 years of having them in. 

Axholme - Ive not had an issue with then scuffing the windows but as the gap between the wind deflector and window is quite narrow its a pain to clean the top of the glass when washing the Jimmers without dropping the window down and running a cloth over top 2 inches. which is one benefit to having the Suzuki ones. one solution would be to have a Suzuki one on one side and a Heko(or equivalent) on the other side and see which you like best after 6 months

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...-ivory-manual#210539
Instagram: OctaneJimny
FB: Suzuki Jimny 4th gen (JB64 JB74) owners club

• cazaresd29
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Nov 2022 03:27 #246096 by cazaresd29
Replied by cazaresd29 on topic Gen 4 Wind deflectors
I just added the instructions of the Gen 4 genuine Suzuki door wind deflectors. There you can see the instructions that comes with the deflectors and see how they are attached.

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds