BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny Throttle

• RICHIE
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Sep 2021 17:07 #238479 by RICHIE
Jimny Throttle was created by RICHIE
Hi all,  First time user for me so hope this question makes sense.

I have a 2005 Jimny (JLX engine I believe) ...which has started to run slow and also really struggles picking up speed and revs going up hill.
My local garage have taken a look and say it's a ''Throttle Unit Sensor''. However, Suzuki has quoted him £300 for the complete unit. He has told me to check for a throttle unit online at less. I have found one but not sure if it is what I need as (I'm not engine minded) the garage forgot to give the part number and I can't contact them until Wednesday. The description of the one online is as below. Could anyone tell me if this looks to be the right unit? 

PART = 18117-78F11 THROTTLE BODY SUZUKI M13A FOR JIMNY IGNIS LIANA & SWIFT 1.3 L 2000 --2020

PART NUMBER = M13A

REF O/E OEM NUMBER= 69G0 

For what it costs I'm happy to take a punt but any guidance would be greatly appreciated.  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
11 Sep 2021 19:33 #238487 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Jimny Throttle
Welcome to the forum. If you send Martin a message via the shop at the top of the page he should be able to provide a sensible price.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
11 Sep 2021 19:59 - 11 Sep 2021 20:01 #238489 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Jimny Throttle
Just buy the second hand complete throttle body 
That's my advice
Do you have a picture of it

Last edit: 11 Sep 2021 20:01 by jackonlyjack.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds