BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

E10 petrol

• Adrian
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Sep 2021 07:09 #238090 by Adrian
E10 petrol was created by Adrian
HI All, I have a 54 plate gen3 jimny will it be ok running on the new E10 petrol?
I looked on the ukgov web site but it's as useful as slicks in snow.
Thanks Adie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Sep 2021 07:11 #238092 by Axholme Lion
Replied by Axholme Lion on topic E10 petrol
I have a 20 plate and E10 will be going nowhere near it.

More
01 Sep 2021 08:48 #238094 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic E10 petrol
Suzuki have confirmed that E10 is fine in the Gen3 and Gen4 Jimny, Take a look in the owners manual.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: X8GGY

More
01 Sep 2021 16:26 #238122 by X8GGY
Replied by X8GGY on topic E10 petrol
Checked my Mum's57 plate Suzuki SX4 manual today, and her's is fine too...

More
01 Sep 2021 22:10 #238136 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic E10 petrol
My 2011 Jimny and 2001 other car are both E10 compatible, but here is the thing my other car has developed a small misfire at low revs and after deceleration after filling up with E10. My Jimny also seems to be running slightly different.

I filled my other car up at a different garage and suspect fuel contamination, so it has now been refilled at my usual garage and for good measure a bottle of Redex Advanced thrown in. It is running a bit better so will see how it goes and then might switch the Super Unleaded.

I put a bottle of Redex in the Jimny as well, I might try Super Unleaded in that just to see if it makes any difference and if it runs better or does more mpg might stick with Super Unleaded.

Going up a long steep hill in my Jimny tonight, I managed to get it to hold top gear for longer and at higher speed, so perhaps the Redex is doing it’s job.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
02 Sep 2021 08:07 #238151 by Axholme Lion
Replied by Axholme Lion on topic E10 petrol
I thought rural fuel stations were still selling E5 but i got to my local station this morning and it was E10 or nothing! i ended up going the long and winding road to work past a Shell station where i filled up with Vpower at £1.50 per litre! I'm sure this is a Government scam to ruin all of the petrol cars over the next few years so everyone goes electric.

More
02 Sep 2021 08:10 #238152 by facade
Replied by facade on topic E10 petrol
Esso Synergy Supreme 99 is ethanol free (except in Devon, Cornwall, North Wales, North England and Scotland). It is a lot more expensive, but as I'm doing virtually zero mileage, it isn't going to separate in the tank. 

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
02 Sep 2021 15:28 #238162 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic E10 petrol
Sorry am I missing something here? Jimny run just fine on e10 fuel. Mine even has a sticker inside the fuel flap saying to use it.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
03 Sep 2021 06:48 #238174 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic E10 petrol
I predict that every single engine fault in the next 3 months will be blamed on the 5% increase in the amount of ethanol in the petrol.

More
03 Sep 2021 07:00 #238175 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:E10 petrol
It's been in wide use in a number of countries for a good few years

Sent from my motorola using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
03 Sep 2021 10:53 #238179 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Re:E10 petrol
In The Olden Days my father used to run our Rover 90 on Cleveland Discol, which was adulterated with ethanol- as an octane booster.

Never caused any problem (cars were made properly then, with lead and proper rubber from the colonies), except I do recall breaking down on the way to Aberystwyth with fuel pump failure......

I'm not bothered by running on e10, just by what happens when it stands in the fuel tank for weeks on end.

You can remove the ethanol, by sloshing in a bit of water, then using a separating funnel to run the water/ethanol off from under the petrol, but I suspect the novelty wears off after the second gallon.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
29 Oct 2021 23:22 #239735 by Mr CC
Replied by Mr CC on topic E10 petrol
just looked in my manual for 2001 it quotes "blends of unleaded petrol and ethanol (grain alcohol), also known as gasohol, are commercially available in some areas. Blends of this type may be used in your vehicle if they are no more than 10% ethanol. Be sure this petrol- ethanol blend has octane ratings no lower than those recommended for petrol" so this makes my jimny suitable for E10. Pretty well pleased after worrying that the restoration might be short lived.

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds