BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Help key fob lol

More
23 Jul 2021 18:41 #236912 by gilburton
Help key fob lol was created by gilburton
I have lost the battery+ contact in my fob.
Does anyone have one or at least a pic and I may be able to make something up?
Please note I haven't seen one exactly like this on the internet so please study the pic and in particular the. + positive terminal side  mouldings that hold the battery?
thanks

I started off high and worked my way down ever since :-)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jul 2021 18:40 #236936 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Help key fob lol
Can't help with the part, but can with a photo or two.
The bit you want fits in the other side.

If you need a better photo just ask.
Good luck, should be possible to make something.
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Attachments:

More
25 Jul 2021 10:25 - 25 Jul 2021 10:31 #236951 by gilburton
Replied by gilburton on topic Help key fob lol
Thanks for that it's quite intricate. I assume there is a contact actually under the battery as well as the side?
Anyway I cut some strip from a coke can as a temporary measure but it's very fiddly and it doesn't help that I'm old lol
If anyone has an old fob or the part required I would be interested.
I got mine working but aluminium is not the best for electrical use and there is not much spring in it for the contact.
It's not urgent as we have been using the key for ages but going back to using the fob was prompted by my wife having the habit of bending the key??
Personally I think she starts walking away at the same time as locking it but she swears she doesn't lol
No point in arguing 

I started off high and worked my way down ever since :-)
Last edit: 25 Jul 2021 10:31 by gilburton.

More
25 Jul 2021 13:11 - 25 Jul 2021 13:11 #236958 by Dirtbird
Replied by Dirtbird on topic Help key fob lol
taking your advice No point in arguing 

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.
Last edit: 25 Jul 2021 13:11 by Dirtbird.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds