BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Towbar for Jimny Commercial

More
16 Jun 2021 22:55 #235832 by dafydd
Lucky to be taking delivery of a Jimny Commercial later this month but wonder which type of towbar to order - detachable or fixed. Presume it will be identical to 4th Gen, any advice?
Daf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
17 Jun 2021 04:05 #235835 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Towbar for Jimny Commercial
Personally I never really got on with the detached one fitted to my previous gen3, it always seemed to be another complication to doing the job I was on with. So this time round with Temeraire I have a fixed one and it's so much less of a chore. For context I have had a trailer on virtually every day for the last fortnight, I tow a lot.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
17 Jun 2021 06:40 #235836 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic Towbar for Jimny Commercial
It depends how often you are towing and personal preference/ circumstances, just bear in mind if it is fixed it will catch your shins when putting things in the back of the car and if you use your Jimny for off roading it will impact the departure angle. I use the official Suzuki GEN4 detachable towbar as I tow a small caravan about 6 times a year so it doesn't warrant a fixed towbar.

More
18 Jun 2021 22:49 #235947 by dafydd
Replied by dafydd on topic Towbar for Jimny Commercial
Thanks guys, towbar will be for occasional use so I think I will go for the detachable one.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds