BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny GEN4 RECALL - UK

More
05 Jul 2021 13:27 #236419 by Axholme Lion
Replied by Axholme Lion on topic Jimny GEN4 RECALL - UK
Never, ever let anyone wash your car. I saw some car wash the other day where some idiot washed the paintwork of a new Range Rover with the same sponge he had just done the wheels with. Also when you pick it up make sure you wipe all the interior with an anti bac wipe otherwise it's a covid time bomb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jul 2021 06:18 #236720 by stiffsteve204me
I had the Harness recall work carried out yesterday. All done in about an hour and a half.

No valet work being done. Just as well, as I make a point of not letting anyone wash my car.

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

More
16 Jul 2021 07:21 #236721 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Jimny GEN4 RECALL - UK
Had mine done on Tuesday and couldn't be happier with the service from Levoi's Suzuki in Colchester.

As I'd feared, the fact that I'd replaced my moisture barrier with Dynamat caused an access issue, but rather than chop it out the way, they carefully peeled and replaced. Rear wheel arch liners also made fuel tank access a problem, but they still completed it all in a day.

Even though it's a 2hr round trip for me and I've two other dealers far closer, their service dept and lead mechanic make it worth the journey.

Question - did anyone get paperwork to confirm that the work had been completed, or not? I forgot to ask.

More
16 Jul 2021 08:41 #236723 by Roger Fairclough
Yes, Startin of Redditch supplied a cash sale invoice under the heading "carried out manufacturers recall - R21/07.

Interestingly, the service manager did not know why the loom was to be changed.

Roger
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gadget

More
16 Jul 2021 08:42 #236724 by DJ20
Replied by DJ20 on topic Jimny GEN4 RECALL - UK
I didn’t get any paperwork.
I just had to sign the dealer paperwork to confirm the work had been completed for the dealer to send to Suzuki.

More
16 Jul 2021 10:46 #236731 by Bill Portland
I didn't get any paperwork either, never have for any warranty work either. Did get the "courtesy" car paperwork that I booked when they told me it would take up to 4 hours to do despite the recall note saying 2 hours. Oh and the £10 required to negate the £600 excess on the "courtesy " car's insurance. I'd no sooner got home than they rang to say it was done. I forgot to tell them not to clean it, but they didn't anyway. Unlike the last 2 trips to this dealer, they didn't trap the rear seat belts under the trim so thankfully I didn't have to make a return trip for them to sort that out.

More
16 Jul 2021 14:34 #236736 by stiffsteve204me
No paperwork for me. I did ask if they required the service history book to enter it in there, but, no. I had to sign paperwork to confirm that the work had been carried out. It begs the question,how was I supposed to know that it had been done?

I did get a receipt for a new rear wiper, and some kinetic yellow touch-up paint.

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

More
16 Jul 2021 16:58 - 16 Jul 2021 16:59 #236739 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Jimny GEN4 RECALL - UK

No paperwork for me. I did ask if they required the service history book to enter it in there, but, no. I had to sign paperwork to confirm that the work had been carried out. It begs the question,how was I supposed to know that it had been done?

You don't, same as any service work. (You can dip the oil and see if the filter looks clean with a service, but the rest of it might or might not have been done.)

Suzuki will have a record that the dealer claimed it had been done and requested payment. You just have to trust that they did do it.

I didn't get anything with mine either, unless I take a door panel off I won't be able to tell if the harness was changed.

I didn't get any paperwork either, never have for any warranty work either. Did get the "courtesy" car paperwork that I booked when they told me it would take up to 4 hours to do despite the recall note saying 2 hours. Oh and the £10 required to negate the £600 excess on the "courtesy " car's insurance.

My dealer wanted £10 too to lend me their car to drive home in if I dropped it off, but they collected it (and parked their car on the road outside my house) for nothing.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)
Last edit: 16 Jul 2021 16:59 by facade.

More
19 Jul 2021 08:47 #236798 by Axholme Lion
Replied by Axholme Lion on topic Jimny GEN4 RECALL - UK
According to Mrs Axholme, who is the warranty admin at our local dealer, the job doesn't take long to do at all for a mechanic who knows what they're doing.

More
21 Jul 2021 11:08 - 21 Jul 2021 11:10 #236846 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic Jimny GEN4 RECALL - UK
That's the Jimny had its warranty work completed. All rather pain free and my only criticism is directed at the person who washed the car after the technician had done the serious work. Yet again, give some people control of a pressure washer and they go berserk! At least they didn't hand wash it with a gritty rag. As others have reported - no paperwork issued to the customer after work completed.
Last edit: 21 Jul 2021 11:10 by Bob1050.

More
17 Oct 2021 20:32 #239485 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Jimny GEN4 RECALL - UK
Our door harness recall was done yesterday, l had forgotten about it tbh so booked it in last week.

The work took an hour, there's nothing to see on the car, no signs anything has been apart.

The Suzuki tech guy showed me the old parts, two door harnesses basically, he said it's the 12th one he's done.

He said there's no evidence of the wiring failing on any he's looked at.

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds