BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny GEN4 RECALL - UK

More
23 Jun 2021 22:14 - 24 Jun 2021 15:40 #236088 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Jimny GEN4 RECALL - UK
Well, going by how comprehensive the Suzuki rear speaker mounting kit is, l would say that the Suzuki door harness kit will include any parts that have to be damaged by removing them.

Did the Dynamat in the doors make any difference by the way?

UPDATE
l called the dealer to confirm.

Friday appointment cancelled, no parts available to do the work.
You can book online with Suzuki to get this recall done.
The booking goes through, but save yourself a possible wasted journey and call the dealer to check they actually have the parts.
Last edit: 24 Jun 2021 15:40 by lightning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jun 2021 10:39 #236124 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic Jimny GEN4 RECALL - UK
Mine is into the dealers today for the door harness recall.

More
25 Jun 2021 11:38 #236126 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Jimny GEN4 RECALL - UK
Great news that they've got the parts, Suzuki told us the parts should be available "July"

Report back on how it goes, although you won't be able to check if they've refitted the condensation membranes in the doors.

More
25 Jun 2021 12:51 #236131 by 300bhpton
Just had a call from the dealer and all done. They should be dropping my Jimny off shortly.

Yeah, it's a bit of a weird one. No real way to validate what they have done, or even if they did anything at all (I'm sure they did). Suppose I could pull a door card off, but probably won't unless I have cause too.

They also updated the infotainment software, I reported having issues with bluetooth and Apple CarPaly dropping out recently. Likely due to a recent iOS update.

More
25 Jun 2021 13:00 #236132 by 300bhpton
Jimny back. No signs inside anything has been done. Which I guess is good.

On a side note. I had a new Smart ForTwo before the Jimny. If that went into the garage (joint Mercedes/Smart). They wouldn't let me have the car back until it had been fully valeted inside and out.

Suzuki don't seem to be the same. The dealer I purchased from (Milton Keynes/Stony Stratford) closed down during lockdown last year. It only went in once to them for the reverse camera. And to be fair, they did valet the car before handing back.

I'm now using Leighton Buzzard. And they seem unwilling to wash the car under almost any circumstances. When it went in for its service I requested that they return it washed. And all they managed was a quick blow over with a hose on the outside.

Likewise today after the recall work. It hasn't been cleaned at all :(

Maybe I expect too much?

More
25 Jun 2021 13:31 #236134 by Dan
Replied by Dan on topic Jimny GEN4 RECALL - UK
I had mine at the main dealer for it's service a few months ago and they washed it before they gave it back. I checked with a friend and this is standard practice with that company.

More
25 Jun 2021 14:39 #236136 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Jimny GEN4 RECALL - UK
Each to their own I suppose, but why would you want the bored minimum wage kid to drag a filthy grit caked sponge dipped in fairy liquid and muddy water over your paintwork?

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

• nogbad
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Jun 2021 15:29 #236139 by nogbad
Replied by nogbad on topic Jimny GEN4 RECALL - UK
I tell to dealer not to wash the Jimny after service ,but they still do, they only use one bucket of water to do job and it's only half a job when done rather do the job myself .

More
25 Jun 2021 15:54 #236141 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Jimny GEN4 RECALL - UK
I was the same back in the days when I went to main dealers, always told them not to wash it.
Had vehicles back too many times half washed with half a gallon of cheap interior shine liberally sprayed inside, smelling like a cheap night out

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

• Pilko
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Jul 2021 09:36 #236381 by Pilko
Replied by Pilko on topic Jimny GEN4 RECALL - UK
Fuel Pump and Door Harnesses done, opened and closed the doors to hear if anything loose and ran my fingers around the door trim, felt a bigger gap at the bottom centre so explored and could feel a loose trim clip rolling around. Went in an said there was an issue and the young lad came out. He popped the door card (old skool terminology) and refixed the clip. The membrane is a clear plastic sheet, the lad said Suzuki don't supply a new one so they peel the old one off and stick it back on with black body sealant, this was still tacky and with his fiddling went over the visible paintwork at the bottom. This was cleaned off with brake cleaner.
Fuel tank was removed by dropping rear section of exhaust and detaching the propshaft, all done in about 4 hours.
Will have a proper look underneath today when it stops raining.

More
05 Jul 2021 04:03 #236405 by Doctorchris
Replied by Doctorchris on topic Jimny GEN4 RECALL - UK

Fuel Pump and Door Harnesses done, opened and closed the doors to hear if anything loose and ran my fingers around the door trim, felt a bigger gap at the bottom centre so explored and could feel a loose trim clip rolling around. Went in an said there was an issue and the young lad came out. He popped the door card (old skool terminology) and refixed the clip. The membrane is a clear plastic sheet, the lad said Suzuki don't supply a new one so they peel the old one off and stick it back on with black body sealant, this was still tacky and with his fiddling went over the visible paintwork at the bottom. 
I'm having the door harnesses replaced today. Your description really irks the OCD perfectionist in me. Those membranes are almost impossible to peel off without, at the least stretching them. They don't then go back smoothly in place. Fortunately I have learned to live with imperfections that I cannot see. I will, however be checking the refitting of the door card with a Hawk's eye.

More
05 Jul 2021 12:06 #236411 by Roger Fairclough
Mine goes in on the 13th. I will be checking.

Roger

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds