BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Stainless steel spare wheel cover

More
01 May 2021 22:27 #234800 by lightning
What are people's thoughts on the Gen 4 stainless steel spare wheel cover?
Ours has one fitted but l can't decide, l guess it makes the spare wheel more secure, not that anyone is likely to steal it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 May 2021 23:36 #234801 by Gadget
Apologies if you've already seen this info, I've posted it a few times before.

Although I've not seen the Suzuki cover in the flesh, from the photos it looks identical to any of the generic stainless wheel covers, which are available for a quarter of the price. I bought one from eBay, being sold by Direct4x4. I don't personally like the bling of the polished stainless and high gloss black disk, so bought some matte black vinyl and wrapped mine. Also, the lock is made of nasty cheap steel and was rusting within days, so I drilled out the rivets and replaced with a galvanised hasp and staple, with stainless fixings and stainless padlock. 

For me having a wheel cover is less about security (doubt there's much of market for Jimny-fitment wheels!) and more about protecting it from weathering. Tyres that aren't flexing through use don't release the oils from within the rubber and dry out prematurely. Keeping them covered helps slow this down.

Attachments:

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
02 May 2021 06:12 #234803 by Lambert
Personally I think the full enclosure ones look really bulky on the back of such narrow cars as Jimny. My factory Suzuki trim died the other week trying to get the spare tyre off. Even that which is nothing more than an oversized wheel trim had done a significant number on the condition of my spare steel wheel due to very minimal air circulation holding moisture. The enclosed ones are even worse in my experience. I have now replaced it with a actual wheel trim that looks kinda like an alloy from about a mile away but it's at least now ventilated. As for baking the tyre in the sun, I decided to sacrifice a particularly worn Bridgestone to the gods, it's legal and will stand minimal cautious use much like a space saver.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
02 May 2021 08:07 #234805 by Barry silver SZ5
Perfect black rigid spare wheel cover for under £ 40 for latest model google Landrover Bearmarch.  VG value and friend brought one as saw the one on my car  .  wasn’t impressed with the silver one I saw on Jimmy demonstrater    Brought to stop tyre perishing 

More
02 May 2021 11:12 #234809 by Goldfish
Just ordered one.
Thank you for the info.
Ben

More
02 May 2021 15:20 #234810 by lightning
Thanks for the replies.

Ours came with the full wheel cover, l think it may be the Suzuki genuine one as the lock is stainless steel and still looks new.

l've taken it off for now.

More
02 May 2021 17:41 #234811 by RainerK
Sometimes spare wheel covers tend to capture moisture inside. This might lead to corrosion.

More
02 May 2021 19:14 #234812 by Chappo
Hi, which one and what size did you order from Landrover Bearmarch please.
Cheers

More
02 May 2021 19:25 #234813 by Goldfish
I ordered the 15" one.
Checked the hight and width are ok. The quoted depth is a bit funny but I think it is ok too.

More
02 May 2021 21:51 #234815 by lightning
Well if anybody wants a genuine Suzuki one, make me an offer.

More
03 May 2021 11:22 #234818 by Barry silver SZ5
It’s 15 inch code BFA 7003P at £ 36.48  Bearmarch Landrover.   As my friend said to me after I recommended it to him. Fits like a glove.  

More
03 May 2021 16:01 #234824 by lightning
That one will physically cover the spare wheel, but it looks a bit crap and doesn't lock. l guess it's OK for £35 though.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds