BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

My rear cargo storage solution (Keep 1 seat)

• justintime441
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Apr 2021 05:19 #234284 by justintime441
My rear cargo storage solution (Keep 1 seat) was created by justintime441
Good day all, thought I'd make this writeup as I haven't seen this method of cargo storage done before. All the ones i've seen they have removed both rear seats OR kept both.., so this method keeps 1 rear seat. You can probably tell that to do this the seat has to be cut in half!! I hope you can sew!!

This is the finished product, raised around 5" above the floor so that you have underneath storage. I have separated them into 2 sections, one behind the seat and one where the seat used to be

Its a pity the seats dont fold flat, but if i needed more space I could simply remove the bottom half of the seat that remains. 
The lids dont have hinges, they are held in with magnets, but they can still be lifted up and stay up as they are snug against the side plastics

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask, I can also take suggestions/criticism to improve 
Also follow my IG @justinsjimny to follow my build!!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2021 10:34 #234286 by Scimike
Very neat solution and Ideal if you want to retain some rear passenger capabilities, best of both worlds, nice job.
I am a miserable devil that likes the "sorry no room" lift response associated with both seats removed 

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
The following user(s) said Thank You: justintime441

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
07 Apr 2021 15:02 #234296 by Lambert
I like that. I could be tempted but for being registered as a van.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
07 Apr 2021 16:31 #234298 by me101
I'm just looking at doing the same thing!

2007 Little Jim with cheap mods!
www.youtube.com/channel/UCeBDekO99Qk2aOmBmSmrI9w

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds