BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny prices

More
25 Aug 2021 07:05 - 25 Aug 2021 07:05 #237853 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Jimny prices
Someone's paid £36,000 for a Jimny?

You've got to be joking. Must have looking for something to spend their govt COVID grants on.
Last edit: 25 Aug 2021 07:05 by lightning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2021 10:00 #237858 by Coco BT
Replied by Coco BT on topic Jimny prices
did they actually sell?
or no longer listed...

More
25 Aug 2021 10:09 #237859 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Jimny prices

did they actually sell?
or no longer listed...
Or did they sell for a lower amount?  Easiest way to push the price up is show something selling for an inflated price, then you just happen to have another for sale.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
25 Aug 2021 14:41 #237862 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Jimny prices
Exactly. Advertised price and selling price are not always the same. I really hope that somebody looking at a £36k Jimny is haggling hard!

More
25 Aug 2021 14:45 #237863 by Coco BT
Replied by Coco BT on topic Jimny prices
i wouldn't waste my time. Just buy one that is advertised for much less. 

More
25 Aug 2021 21:50 #237869 by lightning
indeed, there's a 2,500 mile 20 plate on Suzuki's website for £28,995
Still a high price but why would anybody in their right mind pay £7,000 more.
Could be a bit of dealers attempting price fixing going on.

More
25 Aug 2021 22:24 #237872 by ZT260
Replied by ZT260 on topic Jimny prices
Ah, I guess you guys didn't see it. So for context it was the van, so £6k could be taken off if bought through an appropriate business. It then did have a lot of upgrades for a delivery mileage car - on top of the more usual silver front/side garnish, front grill change, wind deflectors, tinted windows, it also had BFG tyres and a (front runner?) full roof rack and then a full aftermarket sound system/nav, which none of the SZ4/vans have. So, definitely added considerable value, and was a 'done' car for someone.

Whereas there seems to have been a glut of £30k cars added over recent days that are 'standard'.

• HHTE
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Aug 2021 11:02 #237882 by HHTE
Replied by HHTE on topic Jimny prices
I’m looking for a commercial spec jimny to use for work, does anybody know any garages that are selling them for a reasonable price or who have a genuine waiting list for one at RRP ish price? I travel for work across the country so so not limited location wise… There are a few available near me for £25k+, but I’m unsure about paying that amount and I’m happy to wait for cheaper… Is it possible?!

More
26 Aug 2021 11:10 #237883 by lightning
The only thing you can do, is ring round all the Suzuki dealers and see if any will take your order for a new one at list price.
Then you'll just have to wait for delivery, probably next year sometime.
Try Horderns Suzuki in Chapel en le Frith Derbyshire

• HHTE
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Aug 2021 14:13 #237895 by HHTE
I am yeah, just thought someone might have a preferred garage, or any tips. I have a spreadsheet and a list of garages I've contacted, and their responses.
Those that are selling at list price seem to have a full waiting list, unfortunate for me but good for them. One garage has said that they buy their jimneys off other garages that can't sell them, which seems strange when they are so sought after!

More
26 Aug 2021 15:57 - 26 Aug 2021 15:58 #237898 by lightning
Well, l do have a preferred garage, Horderns Suzuki in Chapel en le Frith Derbyshire 

They are a family firm and always sold their Jimnys at list price, not that it put them in any higher standing with Suzuki, they were treated the same as the ones who registered their new Jimnys and put them out at £25,000
Last edit: 26 Aug 2021 15:58 by lightning.

• HHTE
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Aug 2021 16:27 #237901 by HHTE
I called them after your recommendation, no luck, but thank you, they seemed nice! I’m working my way down the country!

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds