BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Under Bonnet Fuse Box

More
24 Mar 2021 22:29 #234001 by Doo
Under Bonnet Fuse Box was created by Doo
Evening all.

Is it possible to obtain a "new" under bonnet fuse box for a circa 2005 Jimny?

I think the non start issue is due to resistance from green grotty (verdigris) connection.

Thanks all.

Doo.

Has anyone see the plot?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2021 02:56 #234006 by Mike G
Replied by Mike G on topic Under Bonnet Fuse Box
I would have a go at cleaning the contacts first. I'd use electrical contact cleaner spray with some pipe cleaners to get into the contact areas. Perhaps if they were really grotty, I'd even use some WD40 with pipe cleaners first and then wash that away with the contact cleaner.

2" Trailmaster suspension lift, 2"body lift, snorkel, full breather kit, 29" steel wheels with BFG tyres, tinted rear windows, CRT CB radio with modulator antenna mounted on rear, dog cage and tray in the back.

• justintime441
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Mar 2021 03:15 #234007 by justintime441
Replied by justintime441 on topic Under Bonnet Fuse Box
I second Mike G. Nothing a little baking soda+ water cant get rid of. If that doesnt work try ebay for a new fuse box. Best of luck!

More
25 Mar 2021 08:12 #234010 by RainerK
Replied by RainerK on topic Under Bonnet Fuse Box
One way would be to dismount the fuse box (you would habe to do this anyhow to exchange it) and soak it a little bit with baking soda or with some acid (vinegar, alloy cleaner, ...) for not too long. After a thorough rinse and drying this should be in good shape.

Similar important as the fuse box are the plugs. With the plugs I would try something similar as the fuse box, with difference that they are in the car. Either use small buckets for cleaning and rinsing or clean each connection with some contact cleaner. If you have pressurized air after cleaning this helps with removing the remaining dirt and also for drying.

After cleaning I would let the plugs dry for some time, maybe over night.

After drying, spray with contact cleaner and reinstall.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds