BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny commercial

More
17 Jul 2021 22:53 #236763 by lightning
Do you mean that the seat needs to be so far back that the back rest has to be straight?
How tall are you?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nogbad
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jul 2021 22:55 #236764 by nogbad
Replied by nogbad on topic Jimny commercial - driving position
You can remove the mess and bulkhead it's just a few bolts and problem solved, unless because it's a commercial there is some legal requirement to have it in I'm sure someone on here will have the correct information for you.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
18 Jul 2021 04:42 #236765 by Lambert
The other alternative than removing the mesh looks to be turning it round so the protruding bit faces the back. Apparently it is symmetrical so should be possible.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
18 Jul 2021 07:56 #236767 by Roger Fairclough
Is it so that Suzuki can claim a certain capacity in the rear compartment?

Roger

More
18 Jul 2021 08:19 #236768 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Re:Re:Re:Jimny commercial

Roger Fairclough wrote: Is it so that Suzuki can claim a certain capacity in the rear compartment?

Roger

Sort of. The seats are moved 10mm so that the screen can fit in. The screen actually shortens the overall rear floor space so the required volume is achieved by dropping the floor height.

The headrest hits the screen so limiting the seat angle. It does looks like the screen can be fitted slightly back, either by reversing it or by making M6 threaded spacers ( I might try that)

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
18 Jul 2021 10:59 #236774 by Roger Fairclough
10mm is not a lot so maybe some work with the fixing brackets may be the answer to the lower screen and a change in the top screen angle by either riv-nuts or modification to the top mounting bracket may work.

Maybe another how to Martin?

Roger

• Grima
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Jul 2021 13:46 - 18 Jul 2021 13:47 #236776 by Grima
Replied by Grima on topic Jimny commercial - driving position
There is a Utube vid (Jimny Commercial UK) same problem. He had to remove the bulk head as well. Just removing the mesh didn't work. Worth a look.
Last edit: 18 Jul 2021 13:47 by Grima.

More
19 Jul 2021 08:12 - 19 Jul 2021 08:13 #236796 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Re:Re:Re:Jimny commercial

great thanks. I Will probably leave it and fit a Roof rack, the front runner looks decent?

The maximum roof load for the Jimny is 30kg. The Frontrunner rack weighs 25kg. It's a bad option if you intend to carry stuff on the roof and want to stay within the vehicle's capabilities.
Last edit: 19 Jul 2021 08:13 by Busta.

More
19 Jul 2021 10:11 - 19 Jul 2021 10:15 #236799 by Coco BT
Replied by Coco BT on topic Re:Jimny commercial
is this the actual reg?
Need a similar reg for an insurance quote
S200 KYS 
Last edit: 19 Jul 2021 10:15 by Coco BT.

More
19 Jul 2021 11:57 - 19 Jul 2021 11:58 #236803 by Coco BT
Replied by Coco BT on topic Re:Re:Re:Jimny commercial

great thanks. I Will probably leave it and fit a Roof rack, the front runner looks decent?

The maximum roof load for the Jimny is 30kg. The Frontrunner rack weighs 25kg. It's a bad option if you intend to carry stuff on the roof and want to stay within the vehicle's capabilities.

that's nothing, madness

will get it painted then

Last edit: 19 Jul 2021 11:58 by Coco BT.

More
19 Jul 2021 15:05 #236808 by lidsparris
Hello all

I am fairly desperate for a Jimny and had put my name on several waiting lists for the new commercial one, I have had a few calls from dealerships but all pre-registered and going for £25-28000, reading through this thread several comments saying to get on a waiting list at a decent dealership if you’re happy to wait, which I am. Was just wondering which dealerships would be recommend that have been selling at list price other than Hornderns?

Many thanks in advance
Lydia 

More
19 Jul 2021 17:16 #236812 by mlines
1. Don't pay to go on a waiting list

2. Keep phoning, there are some out there. Sometimes people fail the finance checks once they are allocated them, so keep chasing the dealers.

3. Next releases to dealers are August and September. Most already know their August allocation

I think that, as they will continuously trickle into the country, just be patient and one will come up

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: lookonimages, Coco BT

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds