BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

G3 Genuine Suzuki Dog guard - anyone got one?

More
25 Oct 2020 18:41 - 25 Oct 2020 19:04 #229480 by Scimike
Anyone got one fitted and could take a photo or describe for me.

Let me elaborate why:

The seats are removed from our G3 so the rear is a frequently used load area. Having seen the rear contents of a Ford Sierra Estate remove the passenger side headrest and exit via the windscreen in a low speed shunt, I have for some time wanted a dog guard to act as a shield. Money (or lack of) has stopped the purchase of the OEM one, and I don't like the look of the universal ones. But now it's time to make one or save my pennies for the OEM.
But I would really like to see what the OEM looks like from the rear, all I can find online is the front view

This will allow me to decide if it's worth the £245 ! or let me produce an alternative that fits my needs.

Question like:
Does it go all the way down or just half?
Does it use the rear seat base fixings or something else? (Can see top mounts)
It looks like a solid lower half, not mesh, is it?

If you have one worth 245?

Thanks

Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Oct 2020 19:04 by Scimike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2020 06:21 - 26 Oct 2020 06:22 #229481 by Quasi
Doesn't answer all your questions but this video has one fitted. Skip to about 25:25 to see it being screwed in.
Last edit: 26 Oct 2020 06:22 by Quasi. Reason: got the time wrong
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scimike

More
26 Oct 2020 08:13 - 26 Oct 2020 08:14 #229483 by Scimike
Thanks for finding that, answers at lot of my questions.
Can't figure out how the bottom attached and its at odds with my picture which shows a solid lower portion (possibly).

Looks ok though, but still not sure it's worth £245. I figure I could make one for £150 ish, but then it's time...........

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 26 Oct 2020 08:14 by Scimike.

More
26 Oct 2020 08:59 #229484 by Roger Fairclough
Blimey, that guy works fast.:laugh:

Roger

• barabas
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Oct 2020 11:20 #229485 by barabas
Replied by barabas on topic G3 Genuine Suzuki Dog guard - anyone got one?
Here's a pic of the mounting to the seat back - a bar runs along the side of the seat and the guard screws on at the front end. Like you I did think about making one but when you think of making all the pieces, getting it all to fit and then painting it the suzuki price doesn't look so bad :-)
Attachments:

More
26 Oct 2020 14:31 - 26 Oct 2020 14:33 #229486 by Scimike
Thanks so much both, perfect, just what I was after.
Barabas - yes know what you mean re Suzuki price, not bad once you factor in time. But your photo confirmed that it's likely that I would end up making modifications to the lower mount as my rear seats are removed. I have a plywood base occupying the same space. I think as I will end up chopping the Suzuki one I may as well make my own, so result, I now know the best route to take for me.

Mike

Last edit: 26 Oct 2020 14:33 by Scimike.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds