BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny seats.

• Aj4x4
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jul 2020 23:03 #225881 by Aj4x4
New Jimny seats. was created by Aj4x4
I have noticed a lot of white foam under the drivers seat of my 2019 Jimny. On closer inspection I could see that the foam base had deteriorated on the right hand side. My dealer is going to replace the seat pad under warranty and said that Suzuki had not had any other reports. He also said that there had been a recall on the Ignas as it had suffered the same thing.

I have not huge at 15 stone and the car has only done 6000 miles. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.... might be time to check!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jul 2020 05:54 #225884 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic New Jimny seats.
16,700 miles and 11 stone. No problems with seats up to now.

More
31 Jul 2020 06:52 #225888 by me101
Replied by me101 on topic New Jimny seats.
I haven't been 11 stone since I was 17 years old!!!

2007 Little Jim with cheap mods!
www.youtube.com/channel/UCeBDekO99Qk2aOmBmSmrI9w

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
31 Jul 2020 10:49 #225892 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic New Jimny seats.
I haven't been 11 stone since I was 10 years old! My recaro have a bit of foam dust but they are quite old now.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
09 Aug 2021 11:16 #237438 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic New Jimny seats.
My 2011 Jimny has a squeak from the fron passenger suspension, but whilst I was trying to stop it I have now noticed another squeak coming from the driver's seat.

I checked it this morning, no squeak, but it doesn't seem to do it when cold or when you haven't been sat on it for a while. It can't be heard at main road speed, well not above the stereo, but it is clealry there when on a lane.

I decided to clean and grease the rails and it was then I noticed a little pile of white foam pieces, quite small, but bigger than dust under the drivers seat towards the door. Looking on this thread it seams it might be quite common.

I will take the seat out for further inspection, but can I swap the seat bases between driver and passenger seats, rather than the cost of a new seat base?

Ta

Robin

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

• Podge
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Aug 2021 12:24 #237440 by Podge
Replied by Podge on topic New Jimny seats.
I was looking at swapping some seats for the Gen3 Jimny. The common mod some time back was to use the Ignis Sport recaros from that time.

I've had an alert set up on eBay for about a year now and I've never found anything.

I'm 6"4' 14st and the bolster is well gone in mine.

More
09 Aug 2021 12:52 - 09 Aug 2021 12:56 #237441 by RainerK
Replied by RainerK on topic New Jimny seats.
You can swap the seat bases easily. I think it is just 4 bolts.  

Changing the backrest is a little more work because you have to take the seat console apart due to the rod that is between the sides of the console.

Regarding Ignis Regaro seat, you might get some at jimnyparts.nl. This is where I got mine.
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Aug 2021 12:56 by RainerK.

More
11 Aug 2021 10:08 #237480 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic New Jimny seats.

You can swap the seat bases easily. I think it is just 4 bolts.  

Changing the backrest is a little more work because you have to take the seat console apart due to the rod that is between the sides of the console.

Regarding Ignis Regaro seat, you might get some at jimnyparts.nl. This is where I got mine.

Thanks.  I had a look under the seat and saw the bolts, looks straight forward.  The foam has come out of the side of the seat and dropped on to the adjustment bar, I cleaned it up and put some silicone grease on it and that appears to have stopped the squeak, so I will wait to take the seats out when I have more time.

I also found that the rear door rubber wasn't holding the door in the correct place and now that it is adjusted and the seat sorted, it's like a new car as far as noise goes.

I did find some alternatives to the Recaro seats, see
www.raptor4x4.co.uk/suzuki/jimny/seats.html
www.masterforest-boutique.com/en/446-racing-seats

Not sure I really want bucket seats, perhaps just for the driver, I can't see my missus liking them.

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds