BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:After market front and rear bumpers

More
21 Jun 2020 03:01 #223807 by Old Neil
I have a 2000 year jimny and looking for after market bumpers, any help would be much appreciated Neil

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
21 Jun 2020 05:25 #223808 by Lambert
Arb definitely does a front but I am not sure if there is a rear but they are heavy and expensive. There are also the China export ones on Ebay and such but they tend to be a bit one size fits none which is only really a couple of steps away from building your own. I only know about the western Australia situation from watching the likes of Ronny Dahl and Andrew St Pierre White on YouTube and what gets posted on here but there seems to be a fairly vibrant custom off road industry in and around Perth so someone is sure to do something cool.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
21 Jun 2020 05:37 #223809 by Old Neil

Lambert wrote: Arb definitely does a front but I am not sure if there is a rear but they are heavy and expensive. There are also the China export ones on Ebay and such but they tend to be a bit one size fits none which is only really a couple of steps away from building your own. I only know about the western Australia situation from watching the likes of Ronny Dahl and Andrew St Pierre White on YouTube and what gets posted on here but there seems to be a fairly vibrant custom off road industry in and around Perth so someone is sure to do something cool.

Thanks Lambert
I've been googling, seen pictures, even seen local jimny but couldn't find owner to ask
Neil

More
21 Jun 2020 07:41 #223810 by RainerK
You could look at Horntools.com. www.horntools.com/stossstangen-andere-bo...ile-jimny/c-924.html

There is a rear bumper made of aluminum with 7kg and a steel one with spare wheel holder with 55kg.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Old Neil

More
22 Jun 2020 19:10 #223877 by kirkynut
Try Rhino Ray.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
23 Jun 2020 00:19 #223885 by zukebob
Since you are in Australia you might try Genuin4X4 www.genuine4x4.com.au/ . They only show a front bumper now. They used to carry the rear bumper that you showed in the picture. You could contact them to see if they will have more at a later date. Otherwise, as Lambert said, Aliexpress would be an option.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left

More
23 Jun 2020 02:09 #223886 by Rabid Rhino
I just fitted both Chinese front & rear ones.
First off there's a huge difference in the gauge of steel from front to rear but then the rear has to carry the spare.
Then no instructions, not a big deal for the rear but we just couldn't figure out where certain brackets went.... apart from in the bin.
One rear bracket had to be cut & re welded because it just wouldn't line up.
About 1/2" was trimmed of 24" of the back edge of the front to also get it to align.
I have photos somewhere.
In the end worth it as they both have "Jimny" in them

Looking for a nice clean and straight LHD Jimny..... Not any more.
Got one that seems to have been magnatized and driven through the "Big Jimny Bits" parts stores too quickly so it missed a few items.

More
23 Jun 2020 02:14 #223887 by Rabid Rhino
I just fitted both Chinese front & rear ones.
First off there's a huge difference in the gauge of steel from front to rear but then the rear has to carry the spare.
Then no instructions, not a big deal for the rear but we just couldn't figure out where certain brackets went.... apart from in the bin.
One rear bracket had to be cut & re welded because it just wouldn't line up.
About 1/2" was trimmed of 24" of the back edge of the front to also get it to align.
I have photos somewhere.
In the end worth it as they both have "Jimny" in them

Looking for a nice clean and straight LHD Jimny..... Not any more.
Got one that seems to have been magnatized and driven through the "Big Jimny Bits" parts stores too quickly so it missed a few items.

More
23 Jun 2020 10:54 #223894 by 300bhpton

Old Neil wrote:

Lambert wrote: Arb definitely does a front but I am not sure if there is a rear but they are heavy and expensive. There are also the China export ones on Ebay and such but they tend to be a bit one size fits none which is only really a couple of steps away from building your own. I only know about the western Australia situation from watching the likes of Ronny Dahl and Andrew St Pierre White on YouTube and what gets posted on here but there seems to be a fairly vibrant custom off road industry in and around Perth so someone is sure to do something cool.

Thanks Lambert
I've been googling, seen pictures, even seen local jimny but couldn't find owner to ask
Neil

I think the front one is an Xrox:
www.outbackequipment.com.au/xrox-bull-ba...erra-no-bonnet-scoop

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds