BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

How many miles to a tank? Gen 4

More
11 Mar 2020 21:14 #219738 by crash486

Bill Portland wrote:

crash486 wrote: I get 5.9l/100km on average, so about 47mpg if I calculated correctly.

crash486

That's good mpg! Looks like you do a lot of miles, but how does 100km a day = 1500km a month?

Different averages.

crash486

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2020 09:04 #219753 by saxj

crash486 wrote: I get 5.9l/100km on average, so about 47mpg if I calculated correctly.

crash486

How is this even possible. My consumption is double this. Is this a Jimny?

More
12 Mar 2020 09:44 #219756 by treps
I get similar very mpg driving normally.
On the motorway at 75 it goes up to 7.5l/100km / 35mpg
It could be a lot worse. On a good day, my Defender does 20 mpg no matter how it is driven...

More
13 Mar 2020 09:25 #219808 by 300bhpton
Not that I would want to knock any of the claims, but I do struggle to believe 47mpg a long term average. As that would mean you are actually exceeding this figure at times, in order to make it an average.

More
13 Mar 2020 10:18 #219814 by GeezerDan
I was getting roughly 47 to and from work (35 miles round trip), it's fairly flat, mostly dual carriageway and travelling between 50 and 60mph. Some steep hills when I'm out and about on other trips so I'm getting 45.7 at the moment, car hasn't covered a thousand miles yet and I do drive like my grandfather :-D

• Grima
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Mar 2020 20:08 #219836 by Grima
Replied by Grima on topic Re:How many miles to a tank? Gen 4
Anybody like to post a picture of there average 40+ mpg from the car dash.

More
13 Mar 2020 20:39 #219838 by Bill Portland

Grima wrote: Anybody like to post a picture of there average 40+ mpg from the car dash.

Like these?
Attachments:

• Grima
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Mar 2020 20:57 #219839 by Grima
Replied by Grima on topic Re:How many miles to a tank? Gen 4
Thank you Mr Portland. The reason I asked is because the Suzuki book figures say max 42mpg on the manual 37mpg Auto. Very Very rare a car company down plays fuel consumption. Is that for the 8K+ or the last time you filled up?

More
13 Mar 2020 21:18 #219840 by Bill Portland
That's since the last fill up, 234.3 miles ago (and a further range of 108 miles) .
The screenshot with all the averages on are the actuals over the 8k total miles. The only variable is the accuracy of the mileometer, which must be assumed to be accurate as its on the original tyres. I need to check that one day and compare distance travelled on the trip meter to what the satnav says it is. If you've got larger tyres, it'll register fewer miles so making your mpg look lower than it really is.

• Grima
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Mar 2020 21:37 #219842 by Grima
Replied by Grima on topic Re:Re:How many miles to a tank? Gen 4
I posted the Suzuki Teck Spec mpg on page 3 of this thread. Mine is bang on for the short trips I do 35/36 mpg. It's just bugging me WHY Suzuki states 42 mpg is the MAX and people are getting 45 mpg as an AVERAGE???

More
13 Mar 2020 21:50 #219843 by Soeley
I have added my Fuelly profile to my signature.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill Portland

More
14 Mar 2020 18:22 #219863 by Bill Portland

Soeley wrote: I have added my Fuelly profile to my signature.

Good plan, so have I

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds