BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

How many miles to a tank? Gen 4

More
28 Feb 2020 11:10 #219183 by Bill Portland
What's the most anyone has been able to put into the tank? i.e. do we know that the tank really is 40 liters capacity? The most I've been able to put in is 33 liters

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2020 12:00 #219185 by 300bhpton
I managed 34.53 litres last night, with 287.6 miles on the ODO.

I feel it would have happily done 300 miles and been safe. But you are driving pretty blind.

It's a real shame really, Suzuki aren't the only culprit. But I see absolutely no use of the 'Range' estimate on the computer. Because as soon as you get down to really needing to use it (low fuel), the bloody thing stops working. Knowing the estimated range after I've filled up, is actually of little practical use.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill Portland

More
28 Feb 2020 18:34 #219191 by GeezerDan
It's all to pot lol. Range said 61, went to work and back (34 miles), range said 60 miles. Fuel gauge was on 2 bars, thought I'd fill up and only got 27.76 litres in.

More
28 Feb 2020 18:59 - 28 Feb 2020 19:00 #219193 by facade
Fuel gauges are for indication only. ;)

I just zero the A trip when I fill up, then top up every 150 miles (I know it will do 250, but £25 or so is affordable :) )

I'd rather have had a temperature gauge if I could only choose 1. ;)

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)
Last edit: 28 Feb 2020 19:00 by facade.

• Grima
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Feb 2020 19:44 #219194 by Grima
Replied by Grima on topic How many miles to a tank? Gen 4
Temp gauge is a waste off time. Just shows temp normal if a hose splits or hole in rad it jumps to over heat. you should check fluid levels regularly. Even with a small leak a temp gauge won't save you.

• Beaverhausen
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Feb 2020 19:48 #219195 by Beaverhausen
Replied by Beaverhausen on topic How many miles to a tank? Gen 4
Must admit, were it not for the temp gauge on my '06 Jimny 2 weeks ago I wouldn't have realised the fan-belt had gone!

So, a temp gauge would be good on my new one, plus rain sensing wipers (I've seen a YouTube review and they have them in, so I'm annoyed that they were available), and that's probably about it. Oh, and a 6th gear.

Android Auto being crap isn't Suzuki's fault.

• Grima
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Feb 2020 20:01 #219196 by Grima
Replied by Grima on topic How many miles to a tank? Gen 4
There is a temp sign on dash, blue when cold,goes out when warm, RED over heat. so no need for gauge. Auto wipers bad, dust /mud/sand on screen can fool sensor. Just chews up wiper blades.

• Beaverhausen
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Feb 2020 20:05 #219197 by Beaverhausen
Good point on the temp gauge, I'd forgotten bout that despite the fact it seems to stay blue for the first 10 minutes of a drive!

...still want those auto wipers though ;-)

More
28 Feb 2020 20:42 #219200 by 300bhpton

facade wrote: Fuel gauges are for indication only. ;)

I just zero the A trip when I fill up, then top up every 150 miles (I know it will do 250, but £25 or so is affordable :) )

I'd rather have had a temperature gauge if I could only choose 1. ;)

Fill up every 150 miles. No thanks. Do way to many miles a week for that.

More
28 Feb 2020 20:47 #219201 by 300bhpton

Beaverhausen wrote: Good point on the temp gauge, I'd forgotten bout that despite the fact it seems to stay blue for the first 10 minutes of a drive!

...still want those auto wipers though ;-)

I’ve been quite impressed with the auto lights and the auto mainbeam. However every example of auto wipers I’ve used have been bloody awful to boarder line dangerous in some recent model Mercedes. Very glad the Jimny hasn’t got them.

• Beaverhausen
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Feb 2020 20:51 #219202 by Beaverhausen
I'm still wondering about the auto lights, as mine go off even driving under a motorway bridge for a nanosecond, then stay on for a good 10 seconds afterwards. Mind you I don't mind if the driver in front thinks I'm a c*ck - they haven't got a Jimny :-)

More
28 Feb 2020 21:11 #219203 by facade

300bhpton wrote: Fill up every 150 miles. No thanks. Do way to many miles a week for that.

Chose your own mileage :) I like to always have a half tank, in case there is an emergency evacuation/invasion/warp core breach, or more likely a power cut and the fuel pumps won't work. ;)

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds