BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

No new Jimmy's?

• Elbourne
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Feb 2020 20:03 #218554 by Elbourne
Replied by Elbourne on topic No new Jimmy's?
It’s definitely down to personal preference, I just want a basic one as I’m only using it for basic stuff, bad weather up here on the hills, towing a small trailer and I prefer steel wheels as I’ve cracked/torn quite a few alloys on rocks and pot holes, and don’t need the extra bits but if I were to be using more in town etc I’d defo have gone for the SZ5.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JimnyJohn
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Feb 2020 20:40 #218558 by JimnyJohn
Replied by JimnyJohn on topic No new Jimmy's?
I have a SZ4 'on order' too (since Nov).....but my dealer didn't want a deposit, citing uncertainty of supply. Another dealer wanted a £1000 deposit and said he had 40 people on his waiting list. That's a nice interest free loan to the dealership of £40 000 - should help their cash flow nicely.
I don't want to dampen your hopes...but I don't hold out much chance of getting a SZ4 anytime soon. Your dealer knows that and shouldn't have taken a deposit.

• Elbourne
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Feb 2020 20:55 - 15 Feb 2020 21:10 #218560 by Elbourne
Yes I was aware of that, he said it could be ages but they have been lucky on some within 6 months but I’m more than happy to wait for however long.

At my dealership you can’t “order” without a deposit bit another one I went to you could just go on waiting list without ordering.

If anyone is looking for another option I’ve seen a couple go through BCA auctions for much less than they are going for on the common market but you either need to watch online or attend auction as I did through work. Obviously you have to just take the car as is with no choices on the colour or extras but just a pointer if anyone’s interested.
Last edit: 15 Feb 2020 21:10 by Elbourne.

More
16 Feb 2020 11:45 #218592 by No Stock Available
Replied by No Stock Available on topic No new Jimmy's?

Elbourne wrote: Yes I was aware of that, he said it could be ages but they have been lucky on some within 6 months but I’m more than happy to wait for however long.

At my dealership you can’t “order” without a deposit bit another one I went to you could just go on waiting list without ordering.

If anyone is looking for another option I’ve seen a couple go through BCA auctions for much less than they are going for on the common market but you either need to watch online or attend auction as I did through work. Obviously you have to just take the car as is with no choices on the colour or extras but just a pointer if anyone’s interested.[/quote

Can i ask which dealership has taken your deposit ?

And ive seen those ones on BCA also one went for about 21k inc fees i think, colour choice is like the new ones then cant choose colour, We are still surprised with the amount of customers who are ringing around us dealers asking about orders and we explain there are no orders you are placing a deposit to be offered a car when it comes you cant choose colour. no one can

• Elbourne
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Feb 2020 13:34 #218598 by Elbourne
I don’t really want to say which dealership as it would be unfair on them to gossip but I can say it went through as a normal order with colour choice etc, I really don’t know anymore other than there is a wait but they have been receiving Jimnys in 6-12 months but I wasn’t promised anything regarding timescale.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Feb 2020 18:38 #218612 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic No new Jimmy's?

Elbourne wrote: I don’t really want to say which dealership as it would be unfair on them to gossip but I can say it went through as a normal order with colour choice etc, I really don’t know anymore other than there is a wait but they have been receiving Jimnys in 6-12 months but I wasn’t promised anything regarding timescale.[/qu

That is soooo wrong of your delaership. Mate there pulling a fast one. None of the dealers know for certain if they are getting anymore, and the certainly dont know what spec and colour. Believe me i gathered this info relentlessly last year.

What i highly suspect is, the dealer will sooner or later say, mr smith, here is your money back, we simply cannot fulfill your ordrr.

Hope im wrong, but i dont think i am somehow.

• Elbourne
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Feb 2020 19:50 - 16 Feb 2020 19:51 #218616 by Elbourne
Time will tell! Had to go with it purely as no risk on my part
Last edit: 16 Feb 2020 19:51 by Elbourne.

• zebraman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Feb 2020 22:29 #218629 by zebraman
Replied by zebraman on topic No new Jimmy's?
What some dealers are doing are taking big deposits and specific car spec orders then ringing other dealers and begging for them to sell them their cars to fulfill them.

It may be this in your case.

• Elbourne
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Feb 2020 06:35 - 17 Feb 2020 06:37 #218641 by Elbourne
It is strange though as I’ve got the vehicle order form, I mean I sat there while he ordered on the computer

They need to take the Jimnys off there website really if you can’t order them.
Last edit: 17 Feb 2020 06:37 by Elbourne.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
17 Feb 2020 06:52 #218642 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic No new Jimmy's?
Could it have been an internal system order for that particular dealer and associated sites? Don't forget that 99%of car sales persons give the rest a bad name.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
17 Feb 2020 08:57 #218650 by No Stock Available
Replied by No Stock Available on topic No new Jimmy's?

Lambert wrote: Could it have been an internal system order for that particular dealer and associated sites? Don't forget that 99%of car sales persons give the rest a bad name.

As a salesman I would find this offensive, if its wasn't funny and true.

• JimnyJohn
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Feb 2020 09:43 - 18 Feb 2020 09:44 #218694 by JimnyJohn
Replied by JimnyJohn on topic No new Jimmy's?
It does seem bizarre that Suzuki still list the Jimny on their website, along with all the sales patter, options, configurator, invitation to test drive etc. It's almost as if they're playing some sort of weird game..."You can look at our car, build your own to spec, salivate and get all excited about it....but, tough, you can't actually buy it". Maybe a simple note on the website would be appropriate, perhaps: 'Sorry, Jimny unavailable for the foreseeable future'.
Last edit: 18 Feb 2020 09:44 by JimnyJohn.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds