BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Offered an Auto

More
10 Jan 2020 22:03 #217161 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Offered an Auto
I have been lucky enough to have driven both the Auto and Manual versions of the GEN3 before I purchased. I suspect the differences between the GEN4 Auto and Manual will be comparable, but both now with the added 200cc performance boost.
I am not going to tell you that one is better than the other, the best I can offer is to tell you that they are different, your own expectations will dictate which you prefer. So in an ideal world you really should try and drive each before you decide. It's an expensive mistake if you get the wrong one for your needs.
I can confirm however that both are painfully slow by comparison to the majority of road cars, but that's OK if you accept this.
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jimx5
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jan 2020 07:00 - 11 Jan 2020 07:01 #217165 by Jimx5
Replied by Jimx5 on topic Offered an Auto
As for 'my' statement, 'don't settle for second best'.

I didn't mean an auto Jimny is inferior to a manual in any way. It could have more bells and whistles a bigger better engine, better alloys or steel wheels or even a (in your eyes) better colour.

What i meant is if the auto does not tick all 'your' personal boxes, do not buy it as it will always be second best.

Please take my comment as intended as trying to be helpful.

The right car is just around the corner, have patience grasshopper.
Last edit: 11 Jan 2020 07:01 by Jimx5.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
11 Jan 2020 08:50 #217167 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Offered an Auto
Sorry if I had missed the point earlier but saying don't get second best followed by saying your auto BMW was inadequate kinda read like an auto Jimny would be inadequate too. Again apologies for any insult caused.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds