BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny waiting list

More
31 Jan 2019 21:15 #202221 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Personally I didn't have to search very hard to acquire a new Jimny. I will admit that I didn't get my first choice of colour but I'm still puzzled at some of the comments on the forum about waiting lists and deposits - I just walked in off the street and a few weeks later I'm driving around in a new Jimny. Perhaps folk with specific requirements and who are inflexible can expect to experience difficulties. Within dealerships I also found that it helps if you quickly identify and deal with the decision maker - not waste time discussing your dreams with junior Oik No.23 in the pecking order.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jan 2019 22:30 - 31 Jan 2019 22:31 #202225 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic New Jimny waiting list

Bob1050 wrote: Personally I didn't have to search very hard to acquire a new Jimny. I will admit that I didn't get my first choice of colour but I'm still puzzled at some of the comments on the forum about waiting lists and deposits - I just walked in off the street and a few weeks later I'm driving around in a new Jimny. Perhaps folk with specific requirements and who are inflexible can expect to experience difficulties. Within dealerships I also found that it helps if you quickly identify and deal with the decision maker - not waste time discussing your dreams with junior Oik No.23 in the pecking order.

Hi, What date did you walk in and buy one though? As the weeks passed, the job got a lot harder. Now i'd say its impossible, may be a few SZ4's floating around, but after sourcing a white one for a guy on here, and declining a silver SZ4 and a blue £24k extortion racket, i'd say at this point, they are all gone IMO.
Last edit: 31 Jan 2019 22:31 by Andy2640.

More
01 Feb 2019 08:03 - 01 Feb 2019 08:04 #202256 by Bill Portland
Mine is supposedly on a ship currently steaming between stops at Piraeus and Barcelona. Car is due at the dealers at the end of March (which seems an incredibly long time to get from where it is to where I want it to be). Time will tell.
Last edit: 01 Feb 2019 08:04 by Bill Portland.

• TomNewton
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Feb 2019 08:22 #202259 by TomNewton
Replied by TomNewton on topic New Jimny waiting list

Bill Portland wrote: Mine is supposedly on a ship currently steaming between stops at Piraeus and Barcelona. Car is due at the dealers at the end of March (which seems an incredibly long time to get from where it is to where I want it to be). Time will tell.

Do you know the name of the ship? I was told end of March also, but need to confirm with the dealer next week.

More
01 Feb 2019 08:28 #202260 by Bill Portland

TomNewton wrote:

Bill Portland wrote: Mine is supposedly on a ship currently steaming between stops at Piraeus and Barcelona. Car is due at the dealers at the end of March (which seems an incredibly long time to get from where it is to where I want it to be). Time will tell.

Do you know the name of the ship? I was told end of March also, but need to confirm with the dealer next week.

Cronus Leader. According to my dealer - "[the car is] on route to go to the Import Centre at Zeebrugge firstly to await shipping to the UK, it will then be shipped to Grimsby Import Centre to await Inspections, then go to Grimsby PDI Centre for its Pre-Delivery Checks, it will then go to Grimsby deliverable stage and await to be planned into a load and then dispatched to us (usually arrive with us 24-48 hours after being dispatched) once it arrives with us we can carryout the final pdi and valet. " Hence why it takes quite a while I guess

More
01 Feb 2019 19:33 #202302 by No Stock Available
Can confirm that’s exactly what happens with all new car orders.

And they are taking a bloody long time to arrive we have had cars taking at least a month to arrive and they already built and ready to ship from Zebrugger

• ozziesyorkshire
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Feb 2019 19:45 - 01 Feb 2019 19:53 #202306 by ozziesyorkshire
Replied by ozziesyorkshire on topic New Jimny waiting list
Just a quick update for everybody's information . Here is a conversation today with Suzuki GB . i must state, having paid a deposit in September it does strike me as being incredibly disorganised and poor service .

Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Feb 2019 19:53 by ozziesyorkshire.

• Cremator1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Feb 2019 19:51 #202307 by Cremator1
Replied by Cremator1 on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
That’s business lol

More
01 Feb 2019 20:02 - 01 Feb 2019 20:04 #202310 by ZT260
Replied by ZT260 on topic New Jimny waiting list
If you paid a deposit in September then one of the dealers on here may confirm (I don’t work in the industry) that due to the way this has been done you probably didn’t put a deposit down on a specific car, just to be given the option when your particular dealer gets their allocation. If your dealer hasn’t said to this point that you have a car/allocation then you’re still in the queue to get the option to buy a car.

The unfairness in all this is that different dealers have had their deliveries at different points in the quarter. Some still haven’t had any delivery, whereas others got their first customer cars at the end of December so it was to a point meaningless when any of us point down a deposit as that wasn’t to buy a specific car, but to get in the queue with an unknown delivery time.
Last edit: 01 Feb 2019 20:04 by ZT260.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ozziesyorkshire

More
01 Feb 2019 20:15 - 01 Feb 2019 20:16 #202311 by No Stock Available
If I have read correctly you said Appleyards have already had their allocation of 5 already so far and you didn’t get a car.

Appleyard would be one of the big dealers so would
Get 5 per quarter. So there next batch will be april to August for their next 5 that’s when you should expect a Jimmy from them next hope this helps
Last edit: 01 Feb 2019 20:16 by No Stock Available. Reason: Mistake
The following user(s) said Thank You: ozziesyorkshire

More
01 Feb 2019 20:45 #202315 by Bill Portland

No Stock Available wrote: Can confirm that’s exactly what happens with all new car orders.

And they are taking a bloody long time to arrive we have had cars taking at least a month to arrive and they already built and ready to ship from Zebrugger

Even more frustrating when the ship docks in Bristol next week but the car's gonna take another 2 months to get to me

More
01 Feb 2019 20:56 #202316 by No Stock Available
Ouch I feel your pain.

We have current orders for customers cars should
Have been here 2 weeks ago and still no show.

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds